Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NSW Derby

Senior Member 2YO Viv Strangman will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Viv Strangman

NSW Derby

Not sure about the rain but Isaiah looks tough from this side of the ditch. Does tend to over race in the field so when the big money is up they tend to send him. Brilliant win at Auckland in December over 2200, blasting the gate and ran them off their feet with Maxim and Sky Major unable to get close. Drawn well so would expect him to lead and be hard to run down. Not sure what effect the wet track will play as the inside does seem off at Menangle when it rains.

aussiebreno
    Maybe Harvey or somebody know why. Luke McCarthy usually drive his best chance in race, so why he drive Allblack Stride and not Bling it on?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    The track was good today Dan Coon from the States came over and fixed it up and the track will be closed from Tuesday to do it up. I think there were 4 race record's today plus a couple of world record's broken.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Hando View Post
    The track was good today Dan Coon from the States came over and fixed it up and the track will be closed from Tuesday to do it up. I think there were 4 race record's today plus a couple of world record's broken.
    The track was fine from about half way through the programme but early in the day it looked like a muddy bog. Don't know another track in Australasia that becomes such a bog when it rains.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Viv, the track seems to stand up a lot better to torrential rain as opposed to the steady rain/drizzle. Something similar used to happen at Mowbray in Tassie. The only explanation I've heard that made any sense was that really heavy rain washes a lot of the fines out of the profile so it doesn't go as sloppy as it otherwise would with comparitively lighter rain.

Real Name
    Viv Strangman
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Viv, the track seems to stand up a lot better to torrential rain as opposed to the steady rain/drizzle. Something similar used to happen at Mowbray in Tassie. The only explanation I've heard that made any sense was that really heavy rain washes a lot of the fines out of the profile so it doesn't go as sloppy as it otherwise would with comparitively lighter rain.
    It is a real shame because the whole concept of seven group races on the one day with the best horses on show from Australasia is just brilliant. Without doubt the best harness racing meeting for the year and the track when it is dry is as good as any track in the world. The only negative at the moment is the track surface when it rains. I'm sure its fixable. Plan to be there next year as to have so many great races on one programme is just mouth watering.

+ Reply to Thread