Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoken up returns a positive

Senior Member 2YO Duane Ranger will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Duane Ranger
    Occupation
    racing journalist

Smoken up returns a positive

Will Smoken up be stripped of his 2011 Inter Dominion pacing title? Only time will tell.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=88697

Junior Member Weanling Iraklis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rae Tupaea
    If it proves to be so, I certainly hope so! and I hope Justice gets the book thrown at him! I believe the first 5 home in the final were sampled so it would be very interesting to see how all of the others fared, check em all I say..............over the years being around harness racing and the people involved, I have had it said to me several times by 'people who know' and I quote ' if any horse takes off at the 600/400 rips round em and takes off, they're on something', now look back over the races (any races) and make the judgement for yourself, in fact I was sitting with some people and we all watched Smoken Up's effort in the 2nd night heats, they were all racehorse owners, trainers, breeders etc and one of the comments made was 'well thats that he's gutted that horse, unless he's on something he'll never get up of the track next week' they were all in agreement!!............in the final the comment was 'oh hell he's on something' and 'there'll be a positive swab you wait and see'..........tah dah there we have it

Cheers Iraklis

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Iraklis

Lance would not be as stupid to use something as simple as DMSO, i went out to dinner a few years back with Lance and some of the owners of Smoken Up it was around the time of BLUE MAGIC and i can tell you he said to throw them all out of the game the bloke is 100% against drugs. The people you know might want to look at the changing of the horse the breed and time's over the last 10 years and look at how much they have changed. We now have 3 yr olds going 55.7 over 2300m 2 yr olds going 54 over a mile so why is it so hard to think a top horse on his game can't do that. Take a look at his race's over the past 2yrs and then read the stewards report and see how many pre race and post race swabs Smoken Up has had taken and then come back and tell me how many positives he has had. What was your thinking on Geoff Small and Mark Purdon and there cases i mean one admitted to using BLUE MAGIC. So the people that you say are in the KNOW what era are they from.

Junior Member Weanling Iraklis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rae Tupaea
    Hi there Mango,

Anyone who does the doping thing is just as bad as any other cheatin mongrel! Aussie or Kiwi or whatever! and in your defensive stance (somewhat over the top) you missed the point!!!!! I mentioned nothing about DMSO! or the times in the race! neither did I rubbish the horse anyway! and the people I spoke about have been around the sport for many years in all capacities as mentioned in my post!......the point is, 'the people I was with picked it' and I for one was hopin like hell they were wrong! no one finds it hard to believe a top horse can do those times at the top his game (its a pure pleasure to behold I might add), however do it whilst 'YOU ARE CLEAN' and it certainly doesn't matter what 'era you are from' either buddy dirty is dirty in any era!!!!! okay...............

Cheers Iraklis.

PS. Read the start of my post again, and calm down you'll develop an ulcer or something................

buster
    Pretty sure lance has had positive swabs before

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraklis View Post
    If it proves to be so, I certainly hope so! and I hope Justice gets the book thrown at him! I believe the first 5 home in the final were sampled so it would be very interesting to see how all of the others fared, check em all I say..............over the years being around harness racing and the people involved, I have had it said to me several times by 'people who know' and I quote ' if any horse takes off at the 600/400 rips round em and takes off, they're on something', now look back over the races (any races) and make the judgement for yourself, in fact I was sitting with some people and we all watched Smoken Up's effort in the 2nd night heats, they were all racehorse owners, trainers, breeders etc and one of the comments made was 'well thats that he's gutted that horse, unless he's on something he'll never get up of the track next week' they were all in agreement!!............in the final the comment was 'oh hell he's on something' and 'there'll be a positive swab you wait and see'..........tah dah there we have it

Cheers Iraklis
    It isnt that ill conceived a horse can take off at the 400/600 and win by a space...that would mean they have great top speed...you cant give any drug in the world to increase top speed unless its theurapetic.

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I cannot believe this. Lance Justice has been on the Grand Circuit for 4 years with Smoken Up and would have been tested hundreds of times and all have been negative. Then somehow in his biggest win he returns a positive. What about his two heat wins? I assume they have been negative but somehow the Final is positive. Lance would have known that the Grand Finalists would have been thoroughly tested and scrutinised so I cannot believe that he would knowingly give the horse something that is prohibited. The new Integrity Unit would want to make sure that their processes in respect of swabbing etc are spot on because I think that they are going to be examined very closely as a result of this positive swab. It will be interesting to see the result of the reserve sample.

Junior Member Yearling Ziggy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Amanda Branch
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraklis View Post
    \ in fact I was sitting with some people and we all watched Smoken Up's effort in the 2nd night heats, they were all racehorse owners, trainers, breeders etc and one of the comments made was 'well thats that he's gutted that horse, unless he's on something he'll never get up of the track next week' they were all in agreement!!............in the final the comment was 'oh hell he's on something' and 'there'll be a positive swab you wait and see'..........tah dah there we have it
    Cheers Iraklis
    Hey Iraklis, All of smoken ups swabs were clear except final night so "Tah Dah" You were not right..

I agree whole heartedly with Shakamaker, something is very suss.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Iraklis

Na don't get ulcers lol, i read your post and added some of mine. I've watched Smoken Ups race's over the last 2 yr's like you mentioned in your first post and Lance has drove him the same the majority of the time including heat and final of the Inter so what judgement would you like me to make. The horse has probably been swabbed more than most whilst racing the same way and has never returned a positive. I mentioned the DMSO as thats what the positive is suppose to be for. And time's i mentioned them to point out what horses are capable of doing these day's, if a 3yr old can run 55.7 over the 2300m i sure a horse like Smoken Up can go alot faster and do a lot more work so taking off at the 600m is know big thing.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    We'll all have to wait and see what the reserve sample result is, however,as I've said before most of these top horses are performance enhanced. They cannot go around week after week putting in gut busting runs just on good feed programs, that's why these stables have top vets looking after them. With administration of drugs there is no room for slip-ups. You may get away with it nine times out of ten but one miscalculation and your busted. If it's proven to be nothing amiss with the analytical program and another positive is the result then game up - your nabbed.
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 04-22-2011 at 06:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread