Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoken up returns a positive

Flashing Red
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    as I've said before most of these top horses are performance enhanced. They cannot go around week after week putting in gut busting runs just on good feed programs, that's why these stables have top vets looking after them.
    Honestly what a crock of ..... ! So a trainer races his horse every 7 days, he comes home from the race and gives his horse injectable bute (6 day withdrawal). He gets tested his next start (7 days later) and nothing comes up, because THERE IS NOTHING IN HIS SYSTEM. So these trainers, who follow withdrawal periods, are using "performance enhancing drugs"? Just because a stable gets a vet out weekly, or whatever, even daily, does not mean they are racing their horses on performance enhancing drugs! If it's not in their system raceday, how can it be performance enhancing? Following withdrawal periods is not "trying to prevent a slip-up" (ie somehow trying to gain an edge in the horse's following race). Horses CAN race week in week out, even having hard runs everytime out, without any help. You just don't do much with them in between races to keep them fresh. There is a difference between therapeutic and performance enhancing drugs.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    If a positive is returned with the reserve sample I'll be very interested in what the excuse is.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Hello Flashing Red , this may be some years ago but I have treated a horse with a Therapeutic Drug and I can tell you it was certainly an enhanced performance.

Flashing Red
    Enhanced its performance, or made it perform to its best natural capabilities? That's all my argument is

Junior Member Weanling Iraklis will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Rae Tupaea
    Hey Ziggy, you missed point too! tah dah 'THEY PICKED IT' and if it proven tah dah there you have it!!! OK

Mango, mate fully aware of what speeds racehorses can do both Standardbred and thoroughbred, been there done that; they were not just talkin about Smokin Ups races only (literal little toady aint yuh) any races where one has taken off and cleared out, it took me awhile to see it but Ive had it said to me too many times by too many people, and if you look at some past races it makes you bloody wonder I tell you...............

Shakamaker, Im feelin yuh man! I too had a scare when it appeared in the news that The Butts were in the gun for an irregularity that threatened to overshadow The Mighty Freak...............Im feelin yuh

Aussiebreno, interestingly the people sitting with me that night were trainers, owners, breeders and a vet! its been mostly owners and trainers who made this observation known to me............

Cheers Iraklis

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Iraklis

So yourself and the trainers who probably can't train to save themselves or are just outright jealous is that anyone that clears out is using common you'll have to do better than that, i can live with being a literal little toady but you don't sound real smart with your tah dah lol have you at least finished school yet.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraklis View Post
    Hey Ziggy, you missed point too! tah dah 'THEY PICKED IT' and if it proven tah dah there you have it!!! OK

Mango, mate fully aware of what speeds racehorses can do both Standardbred and thoroughbred, been there done that; they were not just talkin about Smokin Ups races only (literal little toady aint yuh) any races where one has taken off and cleared out, it took me awhile to see it but Ive had it said to me too many times by too many people, and if you look at some past races it makes you bloody wonder I tell you...............

Shakamaker, Im feelin yuh man! I too had a scare when it appeared in the news that The Butts were in the gun for an irregularity that threatened to overshadow The Mighty Freak...............Im feelin yuh

Aussiebreno, interestingly the people sitting with me that night were trainers, owners, breeders and a vet! its been mostly owners and trainers who made this observation known to me............

Cheers Iraklis
    I don't care who they are it doesnt make their opinion any more or less important than mine....trainers shouldnt be using performance enhancing drugs in the first place to know what it does to horses, I could be an owner for all you know (dont need to know anything about a horse to pay a bill each month), since when were breeders an expert on performance enhancing drugs, I didnt know breeders raced their horses as foals and yearlings? and shouldn't vet school be about theurapetic drugs and helping animals rather than performance enhancing drugs.
    Lets say a horse on pure natural ability can run one lone quarter in 28. Are you trying to tell me all things being equal give this horse a drug and all of a sudden it can run a quarter in 27 (because one fast quarter is what it takes to go bang at the 400m and win by a space)???

Flashing Red
    Iraklis-
    It is amazing who comes out of the woodwork, those tall poppy cutters seem to emerge from everywhere whenever the word "positive" is mentioned. You have been out with force getting your owner/trainer/vet story heard on internet forums.
    I think you will find yourself outnumbered here. May I suggest you look up DMSO and find out exactly what it can and can't do. May I suggest you also look up true performance enhancing drugs, such as Blue Magic and EPO, to see exactly what they WILL make a horse do.
    To start off with, while Smoken Up has in his career put in some outstanding runs, not one has ever defied belief or been unobtainable for the best and fittest standardbreds in our game over the years. If you want to see a horse "clear out", may I suggest you watch Auckland Reactor's very first race in America in an open - the winner was two starts back claimed for $40,000 and improved about 4 seconds (20 lengths) in a week to win the open (FFA). It was amazing to watch the turnaround, and just about the best "run off the screen" example I can give you.
    In light of the first sample returning a positive to traces of DMSO (a drug that is allowable in a horse's system to a specified threshold - because it is NOT performance enhancing - indeed, Smoken Up's first sample only showed it to be marginally over the allowable level) your friends really do seem quite silly and are carrying on like the horse was on a performance enhancing drug, for example EPO. It is actually quite alarming that one of them was a vet - they really should know better. Perhaps they were a small animal vet, they certainly couldn't be a horse vet! I also presume these owners and trainers surrounding yourself must also be in the small time and not constantly around horses or attending race meetings. May I ask, were they all New Zealanders? Perhaps their comments were tongue-in-cheek in light of the good old Kiwi-Aussie rivalry Positive or not, none of Smoken Up's runs in his entire career have ever defied logic and to suggest otherwise, especially regarding his Interdom series runs, means you and your friends still have a lot to learn. Or perhaps you just misunderstood them?

I really hope for Lance's sake that this second swab comes back negative. Some comments, most under non de plumes, have been quite hurtful and I think undeserved.

buster
    i think iraklis has twisted this a bit

if the second swab is over he has to lose the race and be suspended/fined according to the circumstances of the dmso being used

some of lances comments since have just been ridiculous and hes not helping his cause

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by buster View Post
    i think iraklis has twisted this a bit

if the second swab is over he has to lose the race and be suspended/fined according to the circumstances of the dmso being used

some of lances comments since have just been ridiculous and hes not helping his cause
    You are absolutely right buster, if the reserve swab comes back positive he has to loose the race otherwise a great injustice was done to Graeme Rogerson who lost the Harness Jewels victory when Muscle and Power returned a positive to DSMO.

+ Reply to Thread