Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: calling triple v

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    It reminded me of some of his drive's on Gracie Wilkes and he brought her unstuck a few time's.
    Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Incorrect. Try again trooper.
    Gracie would do that all on her own & it's totally unfair to hang any of it on Laurence or on Doug.
    She was a product of her genetics. She was born Hot & it wouldn't have mattered if you had Christ in the bike, the result would be the same. She was that way from the moment she drew her first breath until the day she drew her last.
    As for Oscar, he's still a very, very good colt...and it's worth noting that he climbed from a 3A0 to a 4th the NSW Derby Heats, winning 4 from 5 starts over 6 weeks. May a similar horse come my way. The camp will regroup and rejoin the battle. It's not in any of their natures to back off. You haven't heard the last of old mate.

Now Buster...do you want to put some Maker's Mark down ?
    End of season earnings perhaps?
    How are your Cajones feeling?
    Big & heavy?
    Or are they still all tucked up tight & shrunken ?
    This is your 4th or 5th chance to make the Bet matey.
    C'mon now. Let the Moths out of your Purse.

buster
    how good of you to admit defeat

i agree with mango, they should sack the driver if they want to be winning the big races

triplev123
    ?????? Defeat????? You've been interfering with yourself again Buster. You're going to have to give it away. Clearly it's weakening your synapses.
    As for the driver, clearly you know as much about him, the horse, the owners & the trainer as Mango knows about Gracie...which is 4/5ths of sweet FA on a good day.
    Last edited by triplev123; 04-28-2011 at 08:58 PM.

buster
    never mentioned the trainer or owners..but ive seen the horse and driver, horse goes ok, driver not so much

28 second quarter with his main danger on his back...

triplev123
    Buster, if you read races & horses the way you appear to then punt them accordingly...you must be eating at the Soup Kitchen attached to the Matthew Talbot Hostel. Would you like a cup of Tea and a bread roll with that mate?
    Let me simply say...and make no mistake, you will see, in due course.

buster
    good idea, help matt talbot out by delivering the pieces of oscar lane they scraped off the track last week

triplev123
    Geeze. Your uncle Russ must bear a terrible Cross with you around. The poor bastard.

buster
    i live in sydney mate, thats a fair way away from that place

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Triple

I agree Gracie didn't help her cause but i remember way back then watching it with a couple of people that have been in the game as long as i been alive. And he commented maybe another driver would suit that horse better than the present driver and then when discussing the races the other day we both agreed he looked like he was driving Oscar the same way. I'm not knocking Oscar as a horse but i think driving him like that won't help his cause in the long run and he will end up the same way and then you might say he is driving to instructions. Your probably right that i know 4/5 of FA about Gracie and i can wear that but he is driving Oscar exactly the same way.

Flashing Red
    I was at the sales when Gracie went around... won best presented yearling if I remember correctly! And sold for about $50,000 (but I stand to be corrected on that one!!) She was very flashy, that's for sure!

+ Reply to Thread