Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How to destroy a horses chances

Banned Yearling Wayneo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Thompson

How to destroy a horses chances

I have always wondered why members of this forum never really complain or comment on drives that show how incompetent some drivers really are. Let's start with Bathurst race 1 tonight. Stormfortheboys. Kevin Rivett. I don't know how long it takes for the replays to go onto the website but when you get a chance to look at the race can you give your opinion on this bloke and can someone tell me if Kevin taught Lauren how to drive.

Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    Kevin drives the 2nd fav in race 2. Let's see how he goes here

Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    Kevin had barrier 1 and Amanda Turnbull was on the $2.4 fav from barrier 4 and she goes strate to the front. Kevin must of thought that getting 3 back pegs in the 7 horse field with the fav leading was a smart move. Has to stay on the fence the entire race and coasts home for 3rd not beaten very far for 2nd by the horse that was driven the way he should have driven his.

Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    Danno I stated in my 1st post that I don't work in the harness industry and I have never owned a horse in the harness industry. I gamble most days on harness and gallops horses. I'm just offering a opinion from someone who watches a lot of races and sees things that most people with half a brain would see and laugh at. I have a lot of experience with thoroughbred racing. Before you laugh at me and say something stupid about the sports being if fervent and bla bla bla why don't you watch and comment on ome of the drives I post about.

Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    Different not if fervent

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    are we talking about race 1 at Bathurst as Kevin Rivett was on the 6 and it was caught 3 wide not three pegs..generally kevin drives them well. I know this because I backed the 1 stopped in the straight like 30/1.

Member Filly DRUIDRACING will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    STEVEN PILE
    Occupation
    mr fix it
    Horses
    nearly none and you can guess why
    Bathurst is not the place to wager at the moment as one stable is very dominant and the markets are a false reflection on the horses actual chances. Very tough to win over that stable at the moment.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Not sure how the 6 horse could have been driven better in the first race sorry Wayne......he showed GS, was caught 5 wide early, balanced up and moved to the chair. I didn't see another option I'm sorry?? In the 2nd race I can understand the question being asked as to why he didn't push the horse out a little more, but can also cop to the fact that there were higher graded stablemates that were going to work for each other (which is the norm) and pressure him early on his outside so why burn unnecessary petrol.

Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    Brent don't you think he could of made a decision or had a plan and stuck to it. The only reason that he ended up outside the leader was because of the trouble that occurred and if that had not have happened he would have been caught 3 wide the entire. I reckon it looked like he didn't have plan. He challenged early which in hindsight was never going to happen. I think after realising that was no go he decided to come back. I think he than realised that was no go so he decided to try and go forward again and ended up in the death nearly 1 lap after the start which is where he tried to be at the start. In my opinion he was no hope going forward than back than forward so why not either go back strate away or keep pressing on for the death from the start. He was on the 2nd fav so other drivers would deffinitly have given up the death to him.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Funny : Messenger, pedestal, then - get it right mate.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread