Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How to destroy a horses chances

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Manners hey gents!

Can't agree sorry Wayne but it's just one guys opinion. Firstly let me say that I have never driven......personally I'd prefer a horse that I've backed to ease out of an early speed burn when the lead position is futile and look for a place to slot in, or in turn await a slackening of the pace then press forward (which is pretty much what happened in this particular race....28.7 first qtr followed by a 32). Looking at the form of #6 and seeing that of its last 5 starts it has put in two ordinary efforts when driven off the pace as opposed to 3 nice efforts when on top of the speed so I understand the drivers inclination to try and take up a forward spot tonight.
    Does sound like u r talking thru your kick?? Apologies if u aren't.
    Cheers

Banned Yearling Wayneo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    Brent layed the winner and the horse that we are talking about and the winner winning was a better result for me. I think I only lost about $20 or $30 on that race which is ok for me. I started this topic to talk about some wild drives that you see and how you see some big fat blokes bouncing up and down and taking off on horses and giving them no hope. The next one that I see I will put on here and see what you think. If I have bet on something that I think has been burnt I don't sulk or complain. A lot of my betting is laying in the run on the city tracks and I would love it if betting in the run was available on some of the country tracks. Cheers Brent.

Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    2014-03-12
    18:08 AUS Bath (AUS) 12th Mar / 18:08 R1 1730m Pace M / 6. Stormfortheboys
    Lay 3.1012.00Won 12.0057.38
    2014-03-12
    18:08 AUS Bath (AUS) 12th Mar / 18:08 R1 1730m Pace M / 4. Dominique Prieur
    Lay 2.5614.00Lost(21.84) 45.38

Real Name
    Wayne Thompson

2014-03-12
    18:38 AUS Bath (AUS) 12th Mar / 18:37 To Be Placed
    Comm Charged 5.59% On Net winnings of AUD22 ---(1.23) 52.50
    2014-03-12
    18:38 AUS Bath (AUS) 12th Mar / 18:37 To Be Placed / 1. All Scar
    Lay 2.2122.00Won 22.0053.73

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Good to see another punter aboard Wayne. It's a really informative forum with a lot of well educated industry participants but I feel there could be more in the way of betting material. Keep an eye out on the 'SELECTIONS' page....I'm gonna start tipping in there and hopefully others will join in and maybe we can all make a buck or two. Brendan also occasionally does a form write-up for the bigger races which are insightful.

Bad drives/driving is unfortunately one of the negatives that harness fans have to put up with unfortunately. Although it also occurs (rides in this case of course) in the gallops, it is much more discernible in harness due to the more organised racing patterns IMO.
    I feel some slack must also be cut to those who are in the game as a hobby....I for one don't expect the same skill from them as I do the McCarthys, Sugars, Alfords etc. nor should anyone else IMO and my betting trends follow accordingly. I've said it to my mates time and time again, 'if you're gonna bitch about a ride/drive stop betting the horse and start betting the jockey/driver'.
    Cheers

Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    Globe Derby race 2. Have a look at Island Dreamer. That would have to be as unlucky as you can get. The driver Ricky Frearson was deffinitaly trying but just no luck

Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    Shepparton race 7. Have a look at David Aikens 2 runners. David drives the $15 winner and Alford drives the fav. Look how quiet David sits on the leader and the winner down the strate.

Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    You have to watch this one. Gloucester race 4 Hokonui Ben. Thankyou Aldo Cortopassi I layed you for the win and the place and you could not of done anything else to get me a collect.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Globe Derby race 2. Have a look at Island Dreamer. That would have to be as unlucky as you can get. The driver Ricky Frearson was deffinitaly trying but just no luck FREARSON WON THE RACE....NOT SURE WHAT YOURE ON ABOUT (no horse named ID)

Shepparton race 7. Have a look at David Aikens 2 runners. David drives the $15 winner and Alford drives the fav. Look how quiet David sits on the leader and the winner down the strate. AIKEN HAD 4 RUNNERS & THE WINNER HAD WON 5 OF ITS LAST 6......ITS NOT A CRIME TO WIN WHILST SITTING 'QUIET', WATCH G LANG!

You have to watch this one. Gloucester race 4 Hokonui Ben. Thankyou Aldo Cortopassi I layed you for the win and the place and you could not of done anything else to get me a collect. WHAT DID HE DO WRONG?? IMO, NOTHING!

U SMOKIN SOMETHING WAYNEO??

Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    Brent at Globe Derby race 2 I meant the 2nd horse Katesaroyal driven by D Hill.

+ Reply to Thread