+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert

Thumbs up Tips

Let's try and find some winners hey!
    Try to give a small reasoning behind your selection and if possible a price range it should be bet at.
    Good Luck all & sundry

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Really like STENT in the trot on Sat night to PLACE. Has a bad draw but I feel he is the best horse in the race. He's an extremely tractable trotter who should be able to overcome whatever circumstances are thrown at him.
    Rate him $1.60.....already grabbed $2- but there should be a little more value come race time on betfair.

aussiebreno
    Don't usually bet Vic country. On back of this thread thought I might take a quick look at next at Maryborough. (Race 8)

Isla has been leading or behind leader and still getting beaten comfortably. Leave it out of exotics.
    Top Venue. Won last start and has been winning trials. But those trials slow time is different to raceday. Up until his win his form was very ordinary. Couldn't take $1.70. As a speculative leave out of exotics.

Box the other 7 in a trifecta. $21 for 10%. Bet the other seven the win to collect $100. Will cost about $65 to back them all to collect $100 each current fixed prices..

Total outlay $86.
    Find the winner = $100.
    Find the trifecta = $300 worst case???

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Don't usually bet Vic country. On back of this thread thought I might take a quick look at next at Maryborough. (Race 8)

Isla has been leading or behind leader and still getting beaten comfortably. Leave it out of exotics.
    Top Venue. Won last start and has been winning trials. But those trials slow time is different to raceday. Up until his win his form was very ordinary. Couldn't take $1.70. As a speculative leave out of exotics.

Box the other 7 in a trifecta. $21 for 10%. Bet the other seven the win to collect $100. Will cost about $65 to back them all to collect $100 each current fixed prices..

Total outlay $86.
    Find the winner = $100.
    Find the trifecta = $300 worst case???
    Small start but a win is a win. Maybe for those who use betfair to lay I should have just suggested laying Isla and Top Venue, but $14 profit isn't too bad.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Nice work Brendan. Shame I wasn't online.
    I know it was only a C0 but I think the beaten fav needs to go into the blackbook. Wide the trip first up for 4 months in 1.57.7 (and it travelled into the final turn like it has ability). U were spot on about Isla.

I'll be checking back for your Young Cup summation.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Brent, Big chance that Stoned I Am and Flying Isa might burn out and Stent might end up getting a nice spot. Not sure if he has a lot of speed out of the mobile but it will be interesting to see where he lobs.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Hi Brent, Big chance that Stoned I Am and Flying Isa might burn out and Stent might end up getting a nice spot. Not sure if he has a lot of speed out of the mobile but it will be interesting to see where he lobs.
    He's got plenty of speed early (and late) Kevin. There's only one scenario I'm worried about regarding the bet and that's 4 pegs. If he's 3 pegs I'm confident the 2 in front (which would likely be the 1 & 2) will take him far enough into the straight for him to show his speed.....if DeFilippi snags back at the start I'm sure he's classy & versatile enough to then figure in the finish and the other scenario is the one u mentioned.....an early speed burn where he pops off into the running line.
    I usually don't bet each way but the B365 win price of $8 seems real good value for a bloke whose won gold or silver in 27 of 38 starts. May have to include a small win wager.
    Final note: Stents kiwi form is 10-12 lengths superior to that of Flying Isa. It's just a question of how far has Luke improved him?

aussiebreno
    After a bit of a lucky start I will reinvest the $14 profit.

Goulburn 2nd race.

Written in Red is already the class runner of the field, and I would say he would lead from that draw. From there he will be mighty hard to run down. Luda has put in some very good runs this prep and I reckon Written in Red will get far enough ahead of death horse that Luda gets a run. I'm not sure she can run him down, and probably won't get enough time anyway. I will take a $14 exacta Written In Red to beat Luda.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Followed u into the 2 @ $2.60........hoping the 5 doesn't zoom across.
    GL

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Followed u into the 2 @ $2.60........hoping the 5 doesn't zoom across.
    GL
    Nice! Market really changed late, big swing between Written in Red and Distant Memory.

+ Reply to Thread