Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
I agree Top Venue is the one to beat. I was lucky potting him last week.

Only reason I won't back him is I don't know how good the 5 is. They went 33 2nd quarter last week which helped him, I just wonder about its speed and toughness. Is the 28.7 final quarter a reflection that the horse doesn't have the speed to run a low 28 quarter, or is it a reflection the horse was tired. Because if he was tired, well he is no chance in this and I'd take $1.50 about Top Venue. But if it was more a reflection the horse just can't run a low 28 quarter, well he is still in with a hope. If the 11 gets a draw and stays in its gear it will win a race or two somewhere, but from back there it will be tough. One more thing, sometimes after a gutbuster first up a horse can struggle 2nd up.

I hope you can get your $2. I would probably need $3 (can't see that happening) for me to have a bet, but he is still the top pick for mine.

Now I've had a read of that race I'll go trifecta and F4 2,5/1,2,5,8,11/1,2,5,8,11 $48 for 100% tri and $48 for 100% F4.
Got the tri up collect $114 so a small profit, but very nearly could have F4 which paid $2200. Leader just held up the 8 on the turn and into the straight and if that didnt happen Badtothebone runs 4th giving me the F4.