Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    I agree Top Venue is the one to beat. I was lucky potting him last week.

Only reason I won't back him is I don't know how good the 5 is. They went 33 2nd quarter last week which helped him, I just wonder about its speed and toughness. Is the 28.7 final quarter a reflection that the horse doesn't have the speed to run a low 28 quarter, or is it a reflection the horse was tired. Because if he was tired, well he is no chance in this and I'd take $1.50 about Top Venue. But if it was more a reflection the horse just can't run a low 28 quarter, well he is still in with a hope. If the 11 gets a draw and stays in its gear it will win a race or two somewhere, but from back there it will be tough. One more thing, sometimes after a gutbuster first up a horse can struggle 2nd up.

I hope you can get your $2. I would probably need $3 (can't see that happening) for me to have a bet, but he is still the top pick for mine.

Now I've had a read of that race I'll go trifecta and F4 2,5/1,2,5,8,11/1,2,5,8,11 $48 for 100% tri and $48 for 100% F4.
    Got the tri up collect $114 so a small profit, but very nearly could have F4 which paid $2200. Leader just held up the 8 on the turn and into the straight and if that didnt happen Badtothebone runs 4th giving me the F4.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    That tri paid remarkable well, nice work Brendan.
    I'll give Top Venue one more chance and hope he draws the back line so the driver has no decisions to make!! 27.9 then 29.2 in the breeze.....u don't see many horses win C0's like that. Anyhow, that's punting!

aussiebreno
    Rc5 Wagga Mean Courage

aussiebreno
    $3 fixed

aussiebreno
    Easy money.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Congrats Breno. A little more notice if u can next time mate. Please

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    My plays tonight,
    FRANCO JAMAR Albion Park R4 $3- Sportsbet
    L McCarthy once rated this fella in the best few horses in Australasia. I understand that was some 2 years ago, but he showed his capabilities when he had his first public appearance in a trial last prep, running his mile in 1:52.4. No trials this time in and I can't help but think that Cockburn will have him ready to fly tonight, just like that trial. I'm happy to pay to see. I had him around the $2.20 mark
    ALEPPO MIDAS Melton R3 $6- Tatts (+ an equal stake 'saver' on STENT $1.90 Sportsbet)
    Stent is all class but I see good value in AM with the way I reckon the race might be run. Stent will need to burn early to hold out the 4 & 6 and although there has been apparent talk of leading throughout, I'd imagine his best chances of winning (& running the quickest time to get the best draw for final) would be to take a sit on the free wheeling AM when she comes calling around the 1200m. Rated Stent $2.30 & AM $4-
    ***FLYING ISA Melton R4 $3.50 B365
    Aussie record holder at the mile. Whilst not brilliant out, he should lead early. Whether Luke takes a sit thereafter is the question, as 5 of the 6 drawn to his outside are go forward types including the current fav drawn 3 who didn't relinquish the chair over the longer trip last week. He did fold up the last little bit last week, but to my eye he looked the only danger to Stent coming to the final bend and in this class the mile may be more his go. I had him marked at $2.50.
    QUITE A MOMENT Melton R8 $6- Ladcrooks
    This is a 4 horse race and I'm keen on last terms Breeders Crown victor who looks drawn to lead. Did show enough speed to lead Shes An Image in the heat and I'm hoping she will be able to do the same tonight.....also reckon the 2 may prevent Lang from finding leaders back. Aikens pair, whilst dynamic, are mistake prone and terribly drawn. I've also thrown a few bucks on the 2 to run a drum at cricket score odds. I rated QAM a $3.50 winning chance.
    GO AHEAD MAKEMYDAY Melton R10 $21- Tatts (+ an equal stake 'saver'on MYJ $2.10 Tatts)
    MYJ has the runs on the board in the Monte miles and IMO will start as short as $1.65. Taken a punt on GAM as it does have a few pluses on its side and is at nice odds. + trained by C Lang + former 'group' performer (arguably the best performed horse in the race) + won a monte trial recently. It will have to go roughly 10 lengths faster tonight than it did in its trial however. Rate GAM $10 & MYJ $1.65
    GL to those punting tonight.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Bad night on the punt last night with the 2 'savers' saving me from spending the remainder of the weekend in the foetal position. Night made worse when Del charged down the middle of the track to take out the GSS. I really liked him for the series after his performance last week but went cold on him after the draws were out for the heats......idiot!
    Some nice performances on the night with Claudys Princess & Brunelleschi both taking my eye.
    I hope others fared better. Cheers

aussiebreno
    Did anything catch your eye in race one at Kilmore tonight Brent?

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    He (more so the driver than the horse) gets one more chance tonight Brendan. I haven't had a chance to do the form of the race so I'll probably just take him to place. If by some chance I get more than $2- I will have a small win bet. Cheers

+ Reply to Thread