Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Tips

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    He (more so the driver than the horse) gets one more chance tonight Brendan. I haven't had a chance to do the form of the race so I'll probably just take him to place. If by some chance I get more than $2- I will have a small win bet. Cheers
    Another torrid run and another placing!

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Another torrid run and another placing!
    Good odds the place I thought...$2.90 and u could have fished for around the $3.35 mark on Betfair. I'll put my hand up for a 'whinge&win' there Breno. Thought a collect was forlorn (and wasn't i bitching) after the first lap & again approaching the turn. Horse is putting in some top rate performances and whilst he looks a bit of a handful to drive I have to question the tactics adopted in its last 2 races.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Tonights plays (all shorties unfortunately)
    MISTER GUNSEN Melton R2 $2- Sportsbet
    Trotter in great form, will be leading with the 1 on his back. Only needs a slight mid race breather to be a 'moral'. Only danger IMO is the 9. Rated him $1.50.
    MASTER LAVROS Addington R10 $2.30 NZTab
    Has tonnes of ability and is as tough as the day is long. He does tend to make a fair few mistakes but if he trots clean tonight he should be running to the front and improving his position. Rated him $1.70.
    KEAYANG CULLEN Melton R8 $2.10 Sportsbet
    Really looking forward to watching this race. He is a furlong better than these and I don't think the draw is as bad as it looks. Reckon the 4 will fly out and KC will try and follow thru. Only danger I can see is the 9 horse and that's only if the 1 leads which I doubt it will. Rated @ $2- and think there will be value on Betfair at around the 6/4 mark.
    Profits to go on G Halls two good 3yo's as a quinella in R7 at Gloucester Park later tonight. Expect/hoping for a mid dividend of $1.40.

Cheers & GL if u r punting tonight.
    Last edited by brent_L; 04-04-2014 at 08:43 PM.

aussiebreno
    Wagga
    Race4. An R0 and it shows. Hillier horses usually win a couple and Marilyn Miss ran a decent race behind Champion Miss a couple back. From this draw might be able to work forward to a decent spot and be too hard to run down. Lettuce horse was woeful last run, but has at least won a race before. At its best if it can lead it would win. Take a trifecta with those two to win, throw in 4,6,8 for the placings. No idea what market will look like but if they overreact on the Lettuce horse (I mean surely last start was too bad to be true) if you can get $20plus maybe worth a win ticket. Would not take anything under $4 on the Hillier horse, but I reckon could start odds on. Just take the trifecta $72 for 300% and same numbers F4 $24 for 50%.

Race5
    I've sworn off her before and drawn in one Amanda Von lack of gate speed is a concern. That said, one on one she is miles better than this lot. Amanda Von is slow out but there is no real noted leaders. Lettuce dance may come across, but first up they might be looking to give an easy run. If you can get $4 Amanda Von worth a win ticket. Not sure we get that price though.

Race6. Eagles Ace. Drawn to lead and is a decent 3yo. Trevor White usually happy to drive quiet and Billybobkhan won't be wanting to lead. Should get to pegs before Tan Son Nhut comes over. Reckon with those two up front 5 and 6 will have to go back. our Santa Catalina smart filly but from draw will be hard, would have just about tipped her if she could lead. Meagrs goes okay but was a bit disappointing last start, but admittedly first up for 12 months so should take improvement. But reckon they end up leaders back and happy to risk. Hopefully we get $3plus about Eagles Ace, with the other three nice horses in the race we might be a good chance at that. Bet of day. $200 wins. Tri 2/1,4,6 $30 tri for 500% and $30F4 500%.

Race7.
    1, 4,5 been going plainly. 6 barely won a weak R0. Back line go good especially 9 and 10 but over such a short distance it will be hard from there. Bank of Nova only won one race recently and that was with Buterfield as trainer. Change of stables to Hillier, claime and draw will help. But I don't think it can win, just provide nuisance value to got the Chocies. At worst I reckon Got the Chocies ends up death seating. Hasn't been getting beaten far in quick times after a lengthy lay off. Fitness will be on his side now and will go forward and be mighty hard to beat. A look around at tips and others markets have him about $6. I'd be happy with $2.50/$3 personally. Get on. $200 wins.

Race8. It can Happen should be winning. Will be unbackable odds. Harry's Champ has gate speed and drawn pole will be able to use it, over a mile as well so he will have a great run. The two has gate speed as well but first up new stable unsure what they will do. They might hammer out and ruins each other chances I don't know. But if you can get $3plus place about Harry's Champ put $50 place on him, $10 wins just to be safe as well.

aussiebreno
    Quaddie Amanda Von, Eagles Ace, Got the Chocies and Itcan Happen.

Could all be over 100m of first race if Amanda Von ends up 3 or 4 pegs lol!

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Good luck Breno. I've taken the Quaddie tip and added 1 to each leg. 4,6,9 & 1

aussiebreno
    Recap.
    Rc4. Normsgottamajor surprised me with how well she went. An improved performance. Lost ground in a 30.5 final quarter at Young in a 2.4.8 mile rate but was able to finish very strongly today in a similar final quarter but way faster mile rate. Knocked me out otherwise I had it. Close but not cigar.

Rc5. Never got the $4 but I still had a small investment. Lost and got beat fair way so not sure she would have won anyway (although she has beaten the winner previously), but why Ray White would want to burn across and proceed to run those times on Fascinator I will never know.

Rc6. Winner. I got $4.20 fixed as soon as they opened. Good drive leading and stacking them up. I got the tri as well, it paid $31. A head off getting the F4 as well. That would have been really nice but can't complain with what I got.

Rc7. Nearly. Good drive and good run, but shame death horse couldn't stick on and get in the winners road. Best horse won though.

Rc8. Two years ago T White would have restrained to three pegs. A changed driver and it won him the race, gave them all a lesson. The opposite can be said for Itcan Happen. Maybe it was the pre conceived tactics from trainer or something but why you would stay back when they run a 65 half over the mile I will never know. But it never ran on anything much either, not the same horse it was 6months ago. But all that doesn't matter $4.40 place for Harrys Champ from an on course bookie would you believe. I didn't either so after I got over the shock I went and plunged it into $3. It was a beautiful end to a cold but profitable day!

aussiebreno
    Wagga tonight 2nd last race number 1 Starzz on Parade. A 28 start maiden but two placings recently in similar fields. Draws pole here, has shown gate speed before and nothing outside him screams leader. Druitt will go forward. I would prefer the mile rather than 2100m but what can you do. First starter from a good family and probably goes ok but drawn there might not get a crack. Load up on the pole hopefully not too short.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yep they loaded up and but forgot to put the petrol in.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    Any fresh tips out there yet? I'm looking to unload a few.

+ Reply to Thread