Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The 2nd last @ Bathurst last night

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question The 2nd last @ Bathurst last night

Thoughts anyone?

aussiebreno
    You asking for a biscuit? Just kidding VVV.

I don't know the horses but it does look mighty suss.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    You asking for a biscuit? Just kidding VVV.

I don't know the horses but it does look mighty suss.
    VVV- $3.00 out to $6.00 shot leads from (5) and then hands up (over the mile) to the (2) horse and stablemate that had been backed in from $7.50 into $2.50. Not a peep from Nelson Van Alden & Co.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Stablemates/family working with each other to achieve a common goal.......shouldn't that just be expected?? I know I do and if were in their shoes would do the same.
    Race tactics that more so baffled me occurred a few weeks back where it seemed stablemates did their utmost to provide the fav with a better than even chance of victory. I had a few bob on the fav but was a little concerned about team tactics. Couldn't believe my eyes at what unfolded.
    http://media.harness.org.au/vic/MXM21021401.mp4

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    This is the joke of the COT rule. Last start the horse took a sit, sure earlier in the race, but there was no way the horse could have kept out the horse at Blayney. This will be the justification for the way the horse was driven last night. I am sure the stewards report will have some comment lik;. "Comment noted and horse is to be driven consistently in the future."
    I think most people would think that what happened last night was at best questionable, but obviously the smart punters that realised there was no COT knew the horse was always going to take a sit.
    Scrap COT and learn how to analyse a race stewards.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It is fair enough for a stable with 2 runners to want to run 1st and 2nd and being leader and sit is a fairly sure fire formula. Whether they should be working for a particular order is of course a different matter. It seemed to me that Amanda may have been concerned that she was going to have to win
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Nothing surprises me at Bathurst.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question Things that make you go Hmmmmmmm.....

As of 5:20pm AEST still no Stewards Report for this meeting?

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    Jaimie, Stewards reports from Bathurst are traditionally slow, wouldn't expect it before Mon/Tue.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Retrospective Stewarding?

Intend to question is a nice way of saying that 1st time around it was COMPLETELY missed.

RACE 8 – GOLD CROWN LADIES NIGHT FUNCTION 26 MARCH 3YO PACE – 1730 METRES
    Stewards intend to question driver A Turnbull and Trainer J Turnbull regarding the tactics adopted on*MAYIHAVEABISCUIT*during the running of this event.

+ Reply to Thread