Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Change of Trainer NON Notification

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    If you want a change in the way form guides and results are presented I would be pushing for 200m sectionals rather than 400s. If a horse takes 400m to work forward three wide to the death between 1400 and 1000m and first two quarters are 31 and 32 you might say the horse got there easy enough. But the 200m sectionals can tell a different story. They could be 16 15 15 17 or 15 16 17 15. Working forward in 15 and 15 means you worked pretty hard, working forward in 16 and 17 means you got there pretty cheap. Same story last 400m. Horse may appear to be getting home well late, but if last 400 is covered in 13 and 14 well maybe it was other horses stopping, whereas if it getting home in 14 and 13 well that could be a ripper final 200m. Probably wouldn't be as much variance as I've put in my examples, and to some extent you can tell the change of pace watching a video, but the big difference between thoroughbred and harness racing form is the recording of sectional times from a furlong to two furlongs.
    YES I agree Breno! Also all of our quarters have got bend in them somewhere (except for Menangle I guess). If got furlong splits heaps better guide eg. 3 wide around a bend in a quick furlong much different to 3 wide in a straight line.

I did hear something about some upcoming changes to to the sectional times a few months back. Don't know if this is what it was it but would definitely handy.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Although it's not a 'biggie' I get where Ash is coming from. It could easily be listed on the 'Horse's Racing Performance' list (and as it's not right in front of u on the formguide it couldn't be regarded as 'spoon-feeding'), it would definitely be a whole lot easier than having to go back and search the results page from horses previous start(s) (as Kevin pointed out).

Whilst on the formguide issue, the harness.org.au really needs to sort their **** out when it comes to how the formguide reads of a horse that crosses the Tasman....it's all over the place, and has been for a long time now.
    Thanx Brent, arlington and Messenger.
    As you say guys in the Form Guide it lists the trainers name, and the driver of last 5 starts but not even when you click on the horses name and go to its Racing Performance life history does it mention the trainer at any part of its career, and unless you are aussiebrenno astute form guide expert who seemingly knows which stable every horse in Australia is in week by week race by race, sometimes like Arlington said "if" i noticed, if i had time, if i wasn't rushing back to my room like i was last night while attending a conference in San Diego and not in my norm with Sky Racing on the TV and the iPad at hand sitting on my couch in Melbourne, sometimes i might miss something that at other times i may have worked out.
    Case in point last night at Shepparton race 4 the $35 winner Sweetasay, i did notice David Miles was driving but somehow missed he was also now the Trainer and it was racing on Miles' home track. This horse has always shown ability and is well bred with a Tennotrump/Maori/Sundon family tree. If i had read a Trainer notification that said "new trainer d miles since 1/3/14" (for example) i would have said to myself, thats significant, i like the horse, has a good barrier, new trainer, there is a $1.20 D Aiken fav tho so at $4.80 a place i'm in for $50! or maybe even 40 a place and 10 a win cos trotters gallop and you just never know what can happen, they are less predictable than pacers, particularly if you do follow the trotters a lot like i do and can get a good feel for some good ones and bad ones who can tend to be erratic.
    And as far as a stable change to be maybe not as important as eating up and training good/bad etc, we have trainers in the top 20 across each state and a plethora not in the top 50! So if a horse with some good potential goes from a NON top 50 stable to a top 10 stable, you better take notice cos a top 10 trainer doesn't usually take on "donkeys" that are gonna waste their time, they aren't in it for the hobby, they will mostly take on something they reckon they can improve and make a dollar on.
    Hence as Brent and Messenger pointed out it would be a hell of a lot easier than going back to search thru results pages, cos its not even mentioned in the horses racing history where it would actually be clearly seen

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    and unless you are aussiebrenno astute form guide expert who seemingly knows which stable every horse in Australia is in week by week race by race, sometimes like Arlington said "if" i noticed, if i had time, if i wasn't rushing back to my room like i was last night while attending a conference in San Diego and not in my norm with Sky Racing on the TV and the iPad at hand sitting on my couch in Melbourne, sometimes i might miss something that at other times i may have worked out.
    How many stable changes are there though anyway? Of those the majority would be to different states which everybody would notice anyway.
    As I said about being even half serious, that isn't doing form in a rush whilst away at conferences.

I still maintain if ya half serious about things you should work it out anyway, and that it still is spoon feeding, but having slept on it I guess it couldn't hurt and it probably is a good idea Ash.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    How many stable changes are there though anyway? Of those the majority would be to different states which everybody would notice anyway.
    As I said about being even half serious, that isn't doing form in a rush whilst away at conferences.

I still maintain if ya half serious about things you should work it out anyway, and that it still is spoon feeding, but having slept on it I guess it couldn't hurt and it probably is a good idea Ash.
    Holy Moses i nearly fell off my balcony of the 15th floor at the Marriott Marquis Marina, Brenno agreed with ME after a good sleep and considers "it couldn't hurt"!!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Like I said - hardly a biggie. Brenno, you must realize that the industry is all about making it easy for the punter in the hope of increasing turnover. I can relate to your 'edge' concerns as I quit punting seriously decades ago when they made it easy for everyone - replays for starters!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    How about notification of a change of trainers name - am I right in thinking Michelle Manning is now Michelle Wight
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread