Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Congratulations Graeme Dalton

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Thumbs up Congratulations Graeme Dalton

I do not know GD from a bar of soap but I do know he has not trained/driven a winner for a couple of seasons and today Nimoy got up at Boort for his first win in his 45th start (all for Graeme and for all of which he has been driver too, bar one).

I hope he had some of the 131/1

Graeme trains at Sedgwick which is Sth of Bendigo so if anyone knows the Graeme Dalton story let us know - is this his first win or is he a legend
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO barney will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    brian campbell
    I can tell you he is the son of the late Lester Dalton who was a good trainer a long time ago lived in Junourton near the track, has a sister Mona who was married to a trainer.
    Any winner he gets is well deserved and i think still uses the family colours.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Used to train a favorite of mine called Sillmarilian

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    judging by the posts from Leigh and Brian, I'd say the affore said is a legend rather than a first timer Kev, what do you reckon?

Love to see the "long shots" get up, they are usually only at big odds because the "experts" overlook them.

Cheers,
    Dan

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I agree totally Dan, I had to double check he had not knocked off your longest odds winner but then saw yours was 175/1 (not 125/1 as I incorrectly remembered) - I cannot see that record being knocked off mate.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    I got one at Blayney in 2011 at 238.50
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Wow! Did you have anything on it Greg? Did it have all 4 legs? Not many races have a horse go around at 200+ much less win. I really only keep tabs on Vic racing but I am going to keep my eye out for how many even run at those sort of odds. There has probably been longer down here this season but the longest I can think of is Peter Manning's 93/1 pop at Melton the Friday before last.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hope you had a couple of bucks on it Greg. Danno told me about his a couple of weeks before it won at 175/1, Exact words, This ones gunna win a race soon at big odds Rich. Kept my eye on the Newcastle Racing and completely overlooked Tamworth that day, Dammit!!! I think Greg's $238.50 is the longest priced winner I can remember.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Yes we had a little bit on it. Why no-one knew was she was worked late of a day when no-one around. She was set for a first up win after the spell and we were very confident she could win. I am only a 10 dollar punter so was happy with prizemoney as well as the little bit we won.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Junior Member Foal bowie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    David Bowen
    Occupation
    carer
    Horses
    screamin demon clomavidale striking girl
    GD is a great horseman but he has also been instrumental in showing Ross & Leigh Graham l believe he is there stepfather or related somehow

+ Reply to Thread