Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Race 6 @ Penrith

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Totally correct.
    If they are "perceived" to do an insufficient job with penalties for Cindy they will lose SO much more respect than they have lost already with the blatant ID slaughter of a horses career, and Drivers will start to think well i won't get that much of a holiday so lets just cut 'em off at the legs.
    Stewards, step away, have a proper look, grow some gonads and do the right thing before this sports becomes a demolition derby.
    VVV- Can I get a witness ? Testify Brother Ash. Amen.

Junior Member Foal racenut will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jay Smith
    Quote Originally Posted by trish View Post
    Maybe the American style gigs should go back to America.
    Can't blame the cart here. Only the driver.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    I'll go out on a limb here and suggest that Cindy pushed out in accordance with the current rules.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Certainly was pushing out and the outside horse trying to keep her in the out side horse drop's off a bit causing contact from Cindy's cart before she can check back off him.Probably careless driving charge . Adam no sprint lanes in NSW please.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Cindy Rixon 21 for days causing interference good call i think.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Sorry to re-hash an old thread, but having just watched this race, I thought it may be relevent. Just waiting to see how many weeks A. Wilson gets at the time of posting.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Bloody stupidity, Nearly runs up the back of the horse in front and then takes the legs out from under the horse on his outside. How about growing some gonads and enforcing the relegation rule for this type of driving.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    Sorry to re-hash an old thread, but having just watched this race, I thought it may be relevent. Just waiting to see how many weeks A. Wilson gets at the time of posting.

Doc pleaded guilty, stewards took his clean driving record for the past 12 months into consideration and gave him 10 days...dodgem car racing at its best.

http://www.harness.org.au/stewards-r...fm?mc=MH300414

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Grrrrrrrrr!!!! Lance done something a little similar in the Trotters race last night. Okay, 10 days is the standard with a good driving record for the last 12 months, How about the offender foots the vets bill for the horse that's had it's legs taken out from under it??? That will never happen and as we heard following the Interdom, There was a distinct possibility that someone might have been sued following the dodgem car tactic's. Relegation is the answer to rough house or illegal driving.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 05-03-2014 at 04:18 PM.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
    No comment about the incident, however would a sprint lane at Penrith (and other 800m tracks in NSW) help the horse behind the leader to obtain a clear run and/or provide for safer racing?
    There should be no sprint lanes ever in NSW. It bothers me that a racing manager in NSW has suggested it. I know that a handful of "influential" trainers in NSW want them but they're the vocal minority. They do however have your ear : )

First it'll be the 800m tracks then Newcastle and then Menangle using betting turnover figures pulled out of your Khyber to argue the case for their implementation.

The best all round racing in Australia (for betting, entertainment and a true test of the driver) is from Gloucester Park and Menangle, hands down !

QLD and SA racing has gone to the dogs. Victoria, not that long ago the leading Harness Racing state in Australia is now a distant 3rd and the racing in New Zealand is woeful.

Sprint lanes are a failure.

+ Reply to Thread