Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Race 6 @ Penrith

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Race 6 @ Penrith

If the Stewards allow the across the line result to stand it will prove they've learnt nothing from the I'm Victorious incident.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Without the 'relegation' rule I don't know how it can be overturned??

I happened to be watching the race at the time and was of the opinion she was going to be able to work clear shortly after turning and probably win. She was however, impatient and reckless and I just hope the horse she contacted pulled up ok......I thought the contact looked scarily like the ID interference and it ain't a good look.

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    That's the problem.
    The rule is in place but they repeatedly point blank refuse to use it.

Disqualification of horse and related matters

174. (1)* Where a driver is found guilty of an offence under a rule contained in part 9 and the offence relates to the way in which the driver has driven or behaved or controlled or failed to control the driver’s horse at the start or during a race, the Stewards in relation to the race in which the offence occurred may give the driver's horse a*lower placing or disqualify it for such period as they see fit..
    Last edited by Triple V; 03-21-2014 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Spelling

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Thanks for that info, I was totally unaware that it was in play. I haven't seen it invoked myself in the dozen or so years I've been following. Can anyone recall a recent case where a place getter was given a lower placing or DQed??

I now understand where u were coming from Jaimie.....perhaps we would see far less kamikaze style driving if they were relegated.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Dodgem Cars again, Bring on rule 174 and do it quickly.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    Maybe the American style gigs should go back to America.

Banned Yearling Wayneo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Wayne Thompson
    Do you think it was the American style gig that knew that the horse it was connected to was the $2.80 fav and that it was going half pace and all it had to do to win was to push out and get going. Or do you think it was the person sitting in the American style gig.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    If the Stewards allow the across the line result to stand it will prove they've learnt nothing from the I'm Victorious incident.
    Totally correct.
    If they are "perceived" to do an insufficient job with penalties for Cindy they will lose SO much more respect than they have lost already with the blatant ID slaughter of a horses career, and Drivers will start to think well i won't get that much of a holiday so lets just cut 'em off at the legs.
    Stewards, step away, have a proper look, grow some gonads and do the right thing before this sports becomes a demolition derby.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
    No comment about the incident, however would a sprint lane at Penrith (and other 800m tracks in NSW) help the horse behind the leader to obtain a clear run and/or provide for safer racing?
    Without the sprint lane, the safer racing can be achieved by drivers being "petrified" to do such things as Cindy did tonite due to appropriately harsh penalties, fines and relegations that hurt her current and future income and that also of the trainer and also the owner losing money due to incompetence and blatant reckless dangerous driving.

I am all for sprint lanes...not just 800m tracks, Menangle needs one to, seen many a horse not get a run down that long straight.

Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Alcyone View Post
    No comment about the incident, however would a sprint lane at Penrith (and other 800m tracks in NSW) help the horse behind the leader to obtain a clear run and/or provide for safer racing?
    VVV - Nice attempt at creating a diversion if not intentionally or otherwise muddying the waters there Addo...however the fact remains that Nelson Van Alden & Co clearly have a case to answer.

+ Reply to Thread