Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Muscle Massive (Prematurely) Retired

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Newschool
    Sportswriter will get a good book here in Aus, they have promoted him extensively and there is a lot of interest in him. He is the fastest 2yr old to come out here and Artsplace stallions have done a good job. He is the most successful freshman son of Artsplace but not by 4 seconds, Sportswriter went 1:49.4 as a 2yr old and there could be quicker but Grinfromeartoear went 1:51.6 so thats a bit over 2 seconds.

Member Yearling jammsb will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    I don't think it was a quarter crack that brought about Sportswriter's retirement. It was a combination of two factors.
    (1)An inflammation of a tendon.
    (2)The fact that the deadline for shipping a stallion down under for the forthcoming breeding season was imminent. If they had waited for the tendon to heal, they would have gone beyond the point where a down under stud career for this season was possible. The people with the down under money were there with the money in hand. Thus the decision to retire him was reached.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Jammsb
    Is it true that Sportswriter only won on the one track and would he of matched it with Rocknroll Heaven.

triplev123
    Man. Had a brain snap. First off said he won The Meadowlands Pace but he won The North American Cup. For some reason I thought he won stateside. Maybe he didn't.
    Last edited by triplev123; 11-23-2010 at 09:53 AM.

Member Yearling jammsb will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Sportswriter did not win the Meadowlands Pace. He won the North American Cup.

triplev123
    Looks SO MUCH like Artsplace if that's any help.

Member Gelding Fullerton will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Mike Morano
    Occupation
    Self Employed
    Sportswriter only won at his home track of Mohawk Raceway in Canada which is a 7/8ths .

Junior Member Weanling newschool will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Occupation
    Investing in private companies involved in biotech, hitech,gold and energy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Newschool
    Sportswriter will get a good book here in Aus, they have promoted him extensively and there is a lot of interest in him. He is the fastest 2yr old to come out here and Artsplace stallions have done a good job. He is the most successful freshman son of Artsplace but not by 4 seconds, Sportswriter went 1:49.4 as a 2yr old and there could be quicker but Grinfromeartoear went 1:51.6 so thats a bit over 2 seconds.
    Oops, my apologies, you are absolutely correct. I should stop relying on a memory that's not as good as it used to be. As a 2-year old, Sportswriter was 2 seconds faster than Grinfromeartoear, 3 seconds better than Artiscape and more than 4 seconds faster than Art Major.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Looking at Sportswriter only winning on one track, If he had not of gone a miss do you reckon he could of footed it with Rocknroll Heaven on all size tracks.

triplev123
    I think they basically swapped chairs. Sportswriter was an excellent 2yo, his record says what he was, while Rocknroll Heaven has been/is an absolutely awesome 3yo as his efforts this year have proven. Clearly Sportswriter had the wood on Rocknroll Heaven at 2yrs but a year later things swapped around. Had Sportswriter raced on through at 3yrs I'm certain that by season's end and mayeb a fair bit sooner than that, Rocknroll Heaven would have had the wood on Sportswriter. I'm not prepared to say that one is/would have been a better racehorse than the other because they each have so much to recommend them. If you really had to find a defining line then the only way you could reasonably split them would be by confining the comparison to type. It's fair to say that Sportswriter is clearly the more impressive of the two type-wise but why wouldn't he be. As I said before, he looks more like Artsplace than pretty much any other son the great horse ever produced.

+ Reply to Thread