Thread: Breeding advice

Junior Member Foal Scottj will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Scott Hovey
    Horses
    Whativewekept

Breeding advice

Hi all,
    Taking our first step into breeding this coming season and would like some advice on what stallion people would think is a good match. Our mare is Whativewekept by Safely Kept out of Whativewegot, any advice greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Scottj; 03-22-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    Hi Scott, sons of Artsplace and grandsons of Cam Fella seem to work well with Safely Kept mares. We would need to know your budget to suggest suitable sires.
    Don't die wondering !

Senior Member Horse Of The Year gutwagon will become famous soon enough gutwagon's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rick Mckinley
    Occupation
    Dreamer
    Horses
    Peaces Of You, Final Peace.
    I cant find any of those mares on the HRA site, have you spelt their names right ?
    Don't die wondering !

Real Name
    Scott Hovey
    Horses
    Whativewekept
    Stupid auto correct. Whativewekept. Whativewegot

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Nice family N34
    http://classicfamilies.net/cf/Family...meGroup&AD=ASC

You might not have Zenover in your dam lines but you have Frozina her half sister who also features in this list through trotting half brothers Good Thanks and Split Image.

Falcon Seelster has been a success with N34 - Elsu, De Lovely, and Tintin in America (through McArdle)

For Whativewekept what would people think of McArdle for a 3x2 of Falcon or Elsu (which would also give a 4x6 Zenith and would be a double N34). I am probably more comfortable with Tintin in America for a 3x3 Falcon and the double N34 but you would be gambling on a new sire (should be some info on his yearlings) and he is still expensive

Adding to Rick's thoughts you can also see that one of Artsplace's sons (Dream Away) has worked with a half sister of Whativegot
    http://www.harness.org.au/ausbreed/r...orse_id=407386
    Last edited by Messenger; 03-22-2014 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Tintin
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Scott Hovey
    Horses
    Whativewekept
    Thanks for the thoughts guys, we are looking at spending around the$3000 mark if my wife opens the purse strings that far.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottj View Post
    Thanks for the thoughts guys, we are looking at spending around the$3000 mark if my wife opens the purse strings that far.
    I agree with everything that has been said above, but do like this match up on paper

http://www.testmating.com/nev/SeePed...ionID=50053880

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottj View Post
    Don't forget to let us know how you get on
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO strong persuader has a spectacular aura about strong persuader's Avatar
    Real Name
    Phil Bourke
    One for your budget and coming from a different angle, JR Mint.
    Warning: Horses are expensive, addictive, and may impair the ability to use common sense.

Senior Member 4YO eliteblood has a spectacular aura about eliteblood's Avatar
    Real Name
    Trevor Swan
    Horses
    Sabilize, Sushi Sushi, Golden Goddess,
    Artistic Fella was a very good horse and is doing an excellent job at stud in Australia. He is also a very attractive specimen of a horse. I would be giving him a lot of consideration.
    I have a good feeling about Roll With Joe, good racehorse, very well bred, but as yet no progeny of racing age.
    My advice would be to not get too carried away with how a breeding match looks on paper, what appears to be magic crosses, etc., etc. and concentrate on breeding to well bred, well performed, successful stallions that are compatible with your mare physically and pedigree wise (ie. degree of inbreeding).
    Last edited by eliteblood; 03-23-2014 at 09:32 PM.

+ Reply to Thread