Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where is Harness Racing Headed?

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Just one little thing you forgot Brenno is "THE PRICE" Unless your horse is $1.04 then your numbers don't add up and you don't see to many of those in Group 1 races. . Your horse is $5 then you lay for $30k you win $6k. Seems a pretty low chance of this happening.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Just one little thing you forgot Brenno is "THE PRICE" Unless your horse is $1.04 then your numbers don't add up and you don't see to many of those in Group 1 races. . Your horse is $5 then you lay for $30k you win $6k. Seems a pretty low chance of this happening.
    Reread my post and you might see this "Calculations and figures may be wrong, but point is you can still win money win lose or draw".

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    There is no doubt that if you lay your horse in any race even a million dollar race and make money. But, work with me Brenno surely you must conceed if the prizemoney is higher there is less likelyhood and generally less need. Imagine winning a big race and thinking you would have to share your prizemoney with Betfair customers. Even the risk of it would drive me crazy.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    There is no doubt that if you lay your horse in any race even a million dollar race and make money. But, work with me Brenno surely you must conceed if the prizemoney is higher there is less likelyhood and generally less need. Imagine winning a big race and thinking you would have to share your prizemoney with Betfair customers. Even the risk of it would drive me crazy.
    Reread my post and you might see this "Didn't say this situation was likely to play out, just that because there more money involved here, it would seem low prizemoney shouldn't be used as an excuse for criminals."

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Looking at a nice sized holiday Danno, This is complete stupidity and we certainly don't need that in the game.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Looking at a nice sized holiday Danno, This is complete stupidity and we certainly don't need that in the game.
    It won't be to America
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding doncht will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Don Chet
    Back to AUS, too bad for him.

Member Yearling hillbillydeluxe will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Michael Freeman
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    now-Generals Daughter & Passaic River
    Yes it is a shame the current amount of trainers thinking that they have to use drugging there horses. It can't be for the prizemoney as its poor and it can't be for the punt as you can't get a great deal on.
    Lets go over to the gallops, I have the od one racing in the country and fortunately a consistent one pays for my passion in Harness racing. There needs to be a huge over haul and increase in prizemoney to attract new owners to the sport and trainers need to be aware of daily rates as some are reasonable and others are living in fantasy land. What owner is going to pay a trainer $50 a day in Harness racing to race around Newcastle when I can have a galloper trainer charge me less than that to race for 3-4 times the prizemoney. does not need a mathematician to work out which is the better deal.

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by hillbillydeluxe View Post
    Yes it is a shame the current amount of trainers thinking that they have to use drugging there horses. It can't be for the prizemoney as its poor and it can't be for the punt as you can't get a great deal on.
    Lets go over to the gallops, I have the od one racing in the country and fortunately a consistent one pays for my passion in Harness racing. There needs to be a huge over haul and increase in prizemoney to attract new owners to the sport and trainers need to be aware of daily rates as some are reasonable and others are living in fantasy land. What owner is going to pay a trainer $50 a day in Harness racing to race around Newcastle when I can have a galloper trainer charge me less than that to race for 3-4 times the prizemoney. does not need a mathematician to work out which is the better deal.
    what gallops trainer chargers that? any desent gallops trainer i know thats any good charges a least 100 a day with out any number of add ons.

+ Reply to Thread