Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of huge wanks- Change Of Tactics notifications

triplev123

Speaking of huge wanks- Change Of Tactics notifications

G'day all,

Along with the abhorent practice of seeding Futurity Heats comes my other much despised aspects of racing...that of the Stewards prevailing upon Trainers/Connections to make pre-race notifications of a change of tactics.
    One wonders just how much spoon-feeding the Punters of today require in order for them to be able to sort out just who might go forward or float out and look for a sit or take off the gate early and line themselves up for one late shot at the leaders.
    It is nothing short of absurd that anyone should be required to forecast their race tactics & that public announcements then be made to that effect. The term change of tactics is an absolute misnomer in itself...for how can a widely announced intention also be regarded as a tactic??????????? Absurd, absolutely bloody absurd. The preponents of this policy should be ashamed of themselves.

buster
    its a good rule

triplev123
    For Punters who need to have their hands held and be spoon-fed.

buster
    its to stop rorters not to help punters do speed maps

triplev123
    The Stewards are there to stop the rorters Buster, that is their job...though IMO what was a terrible 'let's go up every dry gully possible' drive aboard a short priced fav. at Newcastle in recent times astoundingly went straight through to the Keeper until I believe someone rang up or wrote a letter/sent an e-mail and complained. They might need to sharpen their focus a little too. Now if the COT announcements are, as you suggest, in fact not in place in order to hold the hands of and to spoon feed the less than savvy Punters out there...why is it that we have on-track announcements being made exactly to that effect, often with the repeating of same over Sky?

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Can see were you are coming from triplev but it needs to be there esp for the bigger stables that regulary have 2 or more starters in one race. Things start to happen were horses that always hold the front hand up to a stablemate that normally goes back. Which in turn gives punters the sh*ts, which in turn turns people away. Just the stewards trying to uphold the integrity of the sport. Which is another discussion for another time.

triplev123
    That's a reasonable point re: stablemates Dazza.
    Perhaps then and only then, the rule should be applied?
    If one or more are to be driven contrary to the 'norm' & specifically due to the presence of another/others then I don't have anywhere near as much of a problem with it.
    Where I do have a real issue is the one horse entries. Why should they be officially obliged/prevailed upon to flag their intentions to all & sundry?
    There are already more than enough 'unofficial' stablemates to contend out there as it is without giving them a further leg up on you by way being forced to spill your guts over the loud speaker pre-race.

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    the worse thing is when the announcement comes out that they MAY vary tactics and then dont. from a punting perspective i appreciate the announcement when it actually happens that way but it annoys me when they dont vary tactics because it has most likely changed my bet in the race and not to mention other driver tactics would change based on the announcement too.

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    It is self explanitory most of the times, alot of horses have gate speed, if they draw well they can lead, if they draw 6 and three horses drawn underneath of it all come out, well your better served going back, dont need someone to go tell the stewards the obvious. That is a waste of time.

The bit about the rule that annoys me more than anything is were connections can say "may go back IF CIRCUMSTANCES PERMIT" thats just giving yourself a loophole, go forward simply say cirumstances didnt suit, go back well you've notified stewards.

triplev123
    I think that's the best way to handle such a stupid rule. If circumstances permit.
    If circumstances permit.......I will compete in the 2012 Olympic Mens 100m Final.
    I'm getting the hang of it already.

+ Reply to Thread