Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: APG Round 2 what do we think?

Banned Gelding Termite will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Does anybody know the track record for a 2YO at Tabcorp Park Melton. 1:55:9 is absolutely flying. I'd love to know if they've gone faster. Magic Bliss was huge but I just cannot see any scenario in which the eagle can't win. He's so versatile that he can put himself in the race from anywhere and over a mile I think he is invincible amongst these APG colts.

aussiebreno
    Anybody got a list of the qualifiers?

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Magic Bliss is just getting better and better with every run. Big hope in the final. Soho Valencia did it so easily, I think hes the one to beat before barrier draws but if Fly Like An Eagle can draw better than him he might have his measure.

Real Name
    Unknown
    In order of points by my calculations: Gamechanger 30, Soho Valencia 30, Fly Like An Eagle 30, Medal of Honour 26, Mr Nickel 26, Magic Bliss 26, Exciteusinthecity 26, Macca Kelly 24, Desirable Guy 24, Teniamo 24, Hes Magic Red 23, Braeview Rhythm 23. Happy to be corrected on those figures. One of Braeview Rhythm or Hes Magic Red will be ballotted out and into Emerg. They both have a 1st and a 5th in the series, so will be just crossing fingers I would think.

Real Name
    Unknown
    Looking further at the list of 12, it is interesting to note that 10 different sires are represented. I reckon that's great!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    There are only 10 final, so both Braeview Rhythm and Hes Magic Red are emergencies with a ballot to decide who is first(they both had the same points)

Real Name
    Unknown
    G'day Mighty Mo. Given you bred Hes Magic Red, I'm sure you've done your homework on that ruling. Clause 7.1 of the APG conditions for the series say that "The finals shall comprise the maximum number of Starters and Emergancy Starters permitted by the controlling Board or Authority". I know they run 2yo races at Tabcorp Park with fields of 11. Are you saying that for the final this will include the Emerg??

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    im just going on the fillies series where there are 10 starters in the final - im pretty certain it is always 10 in the final

Member Filly remington will become famous soon enough remington's Avatar
    Real Name
    joshua tinning
    Horses
    il tesoro, total control
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    The run of Macca Kelly has actually made the think Soho Valencia will be a great crack in the final. Macca Kelly got owned by Desirable Guy at Wagga a month back and Desirable Guy is a length or two behind Soho Valencia meaning Macca Kelly is well behind yet Macca Kelly got that close to Gamechanger.
    looking at the times last night though and how far back macca kelly came im prepared to say he is a better horse then desirable guy and the time last night showed it, the race at wagga he was still abit green now that he has learnt what it is about hes going stop. with a decent draw im sure bernie and bruce expect him in the top 4 (i know they rate him rather highly) not saying that soho valencia wont be up there but the times they went and the runs they had i dont believe soho's heat was that good.

Member Gelding Zipper will become famous soon enough Zipper's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Definitely 11 starters with 1 additional emerg.

I would have the market pre barrier draw as:

$1.8 Fly Like An Eagle
    $2.75 Gamechanger
    $4 Soho Valencia
    $5 Mr Nickel
    $15 Medal of Honour
    $15 Magic Bliss
    $21 Macca Kelly
    Forget the rest.....

Purdon's filly is a moral in the Fillies race tonight also.

+ Reply to Thread