Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: APG Round 2 what do we think?

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Dont like Magic Bliss but the other 4 and also the pole for a place look to trifecta.....not that Im making a big statement by saying that as boxing them all up would probably result in a loss.
    Magic Bliss showed me up. Good run.

Congrats Mr Nickel the '2nd stringer'. Had the good run but he just demolished them!

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Aussiebreno

Mr Nickel went super and Greg Sugars drove him a treat, i've liked Magic Bliss since he was broke in my mate broke him in and his half brother Magic Operative. When looking at Magic Bliss's run's so far to date he doesn't mind doing a bit of work and can sprint as well so he will pick up some nice race's along the way. You must give Mark Purdon credit for comming over to the APG sale's and picking a couple of yearling's out Mr Nickel/Fly Like an Eagle/Im Living The Dream to date between them they have won approx $300k for an outlay of around $103k so that's a great return. I'm not sure of the top of my head if he purchased any other's that year but he could've. It was also great to see Desirable Guy pick up 4th place and a nice check for my mate Les from the Rock who is a great bloke and who doesn't normally race colt's as he normally sell's them at the sale's but this one was passed in.
    Last edited by mango; 05-07-2011 at 09:09 AM.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Aussiebreno

Mr Nickel went super and Greg Sugars drove him a treat, i've liked Magic Bliss since he was broke in my mate broke him in and his half brother Magic Operative. When looking at Magic Bliss's run's so far to date he doesn't mind doing a bit of work and can sprint as well so he will pick up some nice race's along the way. You must give Mark Purdon credit for comming over to the APG sale's and picking a couple of yearling's out Mr Nickel/Fly Like an Eagle/Im Living The Dream to date between them they have won approx $300k for an outlay of around $103k so that's a great return. I'm not sure of the top of my head if he purchased any other's that year but he could've. It was also great to see Desirable Guy pick up 4th place and a nice check for my mate Les from the Rock who is a great bloke and who doesn't normally race colt's as he normally sell's them at the sale's but this one was passed in.
    Always good to know the stories/people behind the horses in the big races.

Just looked at the results. The stewards queried Fly Like An Eagles run. Yeah they are really going to pull him up in a 300K race!!!

Member Filly remington will become famous soon enough remington's Avatar
    Real Name
    joshua tinning
    Horses
    il tesoro, total control
    ok Aussiebreno ur right desirable guy went fantastic and a tiring macca kelly most likely cost him 3rd place, great to see norm jerrick once again have a handy youngster.

triplev123
    Unfortunately, would you believe that I missed the race, work was full-on, but watched the replays when I got home. M. Purdon has pulled a classic 'Gai Waterhouse'...with the lesser fancied stablemate saluting. Congrats to Mr Nickel's breeder, John Bagshaw.
    Greg Sugars...BIG race driver, no question, great hands & timing, seems to always have his horses in a position where they can win, gives them a chance to star. Reminds me of John Campbell at the peak of his powers. Good effort Magic Bliss too and charging into the back of a wall of horses at the end there looked like Medal Of Honour (a good effort from an outside back line draw)

Member Gelding Zipper will become famous soon enough Zipper's Avatar
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Not sure what to make of this race other than the winner was great. Isn't it interesting how horses can improve in 2 or 3 runs!!

Fly Like An Eagle was disappointing, he seemed to over race early and didn't run on. Gamechanger looked a moral going down the back but was on empty on the turn, possibly racing with issues and has now been found out?? Disappointing as well. Soho Valencia was unlucky and Magic Bliss honest as always.

I wonder if they will back the Eagle up in NZ or send him for a spell.... Mighty Mo any inside mail there?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    No Sure Zipper. Prior to the race, the plan was for him to race in the Jewels, and then possibly come back for the Breeders Crown.

I do think he went below his best on fri, but IMO the drive was VERY ordinary.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Fly Like An Eagle will bounce back i don't think they have much to worry about, i agree with Mightymo the drive was very poor i'd even say sub standard.

+ Reply to Thread