Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why the QDT in the Geelong Cup?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    They obviously want to preserve CP a lot more compared to MT, & since the owners own both MT & CP, they chose to have the inferior horse do the hard work to benefit of the superior horse...
    Geeez, sounding like survival of the fittest/elitist conspiracies lol
    CP is superior to MT ATM, but he needs a race to suit or he's toast! He can't do the work, but then why should MT had to when he is inferior? Can't see any other reason apart from the obvious ones!
    Gday Smoken,
    Stable driving tactics is a regular occurrence as I pointed out in a previous comment but had it removed. Both Mt and CP eased back at the start and with no other driver wanting the death MT ambled up to face the breeze and CP latching on, it was a lay down misere. Trigger is now facing the gauntlet of having to fight off all the young guns in his races which is no easy task, But with your comments that CP needs a race to suit or he's toast reminds me of similar remarks regarding a certain ITMQ and Chilli Palmer IS the new ITMQ. He is a super horse and its no disgrace that Smoken Up was beaten by him considering Chilli Palmer had the pie run.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Atom View Post
    Gday Smoken,
    Stable driving tactics is a regular occurrence as I pointed out in a previous comment but had it removed. Both Mt and CP eased back at the start and with no other driver wanting the death MT ambled up to face the breeze and CP latching on, it was a lay down misere. Trigger is now facing the gauntlet of having to fight off all the young guns in his races which is no easy task, But with your comments that CP needs a race to suit or he's toast reminds me of similar remarks regarding a certain ITMQ and Chilli Palmer IS the new ITMQ. He is a super horse and its no disgrace that Smoken Up was beaten by him considering Chilli Palmer had the pie run.
    Hi mate.
    I seriously do believe that if CP had MT's run, he would have finished down the track, not sure about 28.6m last, but very possible. Do you think that CP and ITMQ do not need a race to suit them, and that they can't rough it out from the start, whether leading or sitting parked and doing the work?
    I love the sprints of ITMQ and CP, but I cannot say that they can race like Trigger, then again we aren't sure if Trigger could have raced like those 2 if driven a lot more conservatively.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Hi mate.
    I seriously do believe that if CP had MT's run, he would have finished down the track, not sure about 28.6m last, but very possible. Do you think that CP and ITMQ do not need a race to suit them, and that they can't rough it out from the start, whether leading or sitting parked and doing the work?
    I love the sprints of ITMQ and CP, but I cannot say that they can race like Trigger, then again we aren't sure if Trigger could have raced like those 2 if driven a lot more conservatively.
    Word of warning Smoken!
    Don't go there on this topic with Mighty Atom/Rod or Aussiebreno!
    Very sensitive, back away slowly and pretend you never asked...been there done that, its like kicking a hornets nest on the ground then jumping into it with no clothes on!
    (tongue in cheek fellas!)

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Word of warning Smoken!
    Very sensitive, back away slowly and pretend you never asked...been there done that, its like kicking a hornets nest on the ground then jumping into it with no clothes on!
    Yes its understandable why you wouldn't want to talk about that.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    IMO MT did not necessarily look for the death, he just ended up there, you could interpret Alex's long look to the right 37sec into the replay as looking for someone to take the D or looking to see CP's posn - I think the latter as he was hanging back. As for going 4F ie pocketed last, rather go slow in death early and hope something will come around (and yes I know he has the benefit of giving his stablemate the 1x1 if it does not eventuate). As for the suggestion that CP should have taken the death off of him - REALLY! (If you ever get great seats for the GF and want to swap them for standing room just pm me)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Trigger is a Champion, Quinny is a Champion, CP has a very very long way to go to come close to both those mentioned.
    Going back to the original topic, I really don't have an absolute right or wrong answer regarding what MT should have or could have done, but the way I look at it is, he simply gave CP the best ever ride into the race without any hesitation where MT would have finished up, which was as I've repeated a few times 28.6m last. It was so obvious before the race was even run that that was going to happen. It is what it is but I wouldn't say it's right in a moral/ethical sense.
    I felt bad watching MT compound the way he did, which I believe could have been avoided from the start.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    As Messenger pointed out earlier, it did appear positions came about through circumstances. That said, I've got no qualms with the QDT. Let's not go overboard, it's not like there was an inquiry!
    If that speed map was predicted CP would have been 2/5.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Maorisidol View Post
    Word of warning Smoken!
    HaHa Ash, I couldn't of been that bad.

+ Reply to Thread