Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: QLD racing

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hi Mightymo

Didn't know it was on ABC the other night, is there any chance you no the website address so i can watch it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year mightymo will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Harvey Kaplan
    Horses
    Bling It On, Nike Franco, Cruz Bromac
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Mightymo

Didn't know it was on ABC the other night, is there any chance you no the website address so i can watch it.
    http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/

there are 2 parts, each about 8-9 min long

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Thanks, much appreciated.

Member Yearling Shakamaker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Unknown
    Quote Originally Posted by mightymo View Post
    I suppose the money tipped in by Watpac for the ID doesnt count... please..

Go have a look at the 7:30 report on ABC from the last 2 nights to see the truth about Bob Bentley. you can watch it online
    In 2010, the Inter Dominion was staged in NSW which last time I checked was not part of QLD. So no, any contribution towards a series conducted in NSW would not count as sponsorship in QLD.

triplev123
    The first time in a long time that I thought the ABC was worth my 8 cents a day. Nice work 7:30 Report.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Thanks Mightymo,

Just clicked the link and watched the ABC story. Thank you for that it was very interesting.

Member Filly latemail_cam will become famous soon enough latemail_cam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cameron Lee
    Occupation
    CEO
    Just watched Video at least this got aired and finally some pressure might be imposed though still doesnt look good.

Does anyone know what the new prizemoney increases are for QLD harness?

triplev123
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi64Dw3wEiU

Mr Dixon sends a Train Set and a Hat for Mr Bentley.
    Mrs Bentley has a Surprise for Mr Bentley.

Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    I was just reading an article in The Courier Mail May 20th about the pending court battle with Queensland Harness/Albion Park against Bob (Germ) Bentley. I'm not sure how to post it on here so if someone could kindly do it for me that would be greatly appreciated.

Member Yearling craig will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    craig fritz
    Albion Park dispute to go to early trial
    Date: Friday, 20 May 2011 2:44 PM
    Industry: Harness Racing

The fight over the sale of Brisbane's Albion Park paceway looks set to go to a speedy trial after a Supreme Court judge today rejected an application to have various legal points about it sent to the Court of Appeal. Justice Martin Daubney's decision means the way should now be open to set a trial date for the high profile case.The dispute has attracted widespread interest outside the racing world because it involves several broad issues including parliamentary privilege and the Trade Practices Act.The Queensland Harness Racing Board has taken Racing Queensland Limited and its chairman Robert Geoffrey Bentley to the Supreme Court, seeking in effect a court order to prevent the sale of Albion Park.It is seeking declaratory and injunctive relief as well as damages.In the background is the legislation which enabled the merging of the three racing codes; gallops, harness and greyhounds.The QHRB claimed it agreed to the merger only after being told there was no plan to sell Albion Park, the home of the sport in Brisbane for 40 years. QHRB claims that it would not have agreed to the merger and the then Racing Minister Peter Lawlor would not have been able to prepare and present the amalgamation legislation to parliament. It has alleged RQ breached the Trade Practices Act by using deceptive tactics to gain the change in legislation to sell the track but RQ argued any plans to bring such a case would breach parliamentary privilege. RQ also denied it had breached a contract because the legislation vested in it all of QHRB's assets and liabilities including contracts and therefore it could not be held to have breached a contract with itself The matter has been placed on the Commercial list for trial but RQ went to the Supreme Court asking that matters of law applying to the case be referred to the Court of Appeal for answer. The questions were: Did some issues at the trial contravene a section of the Parliament of Queensland Act 2001 (parliamentary privilege)? Were certain issues capable fo being adjudicated on by the Supreme Court of Queensland? And could QHRB raise an issue in relation to property transferred to RQ? In the Supreme Court today, Justice Daubney dismissed the application for a referral and ordered RQ and Mr Bentley pay costs. "I am not persauded that issues raised by the applicants are "ripe" for separate and preliminary determination," Justice Daubney wrote. He said he was not persauded the scope of factual inquiry at the trial would necessarily be significantly reduced even if the RQ and Mr Bentley were successful in achieving a determination of the Court of Appeal with the effect of limiting the issues. "It seems to me the more appropriate and efficient course is for the matter to progess to trial in the Commercial List as soon as possible," Justice Daubney said. It is understood the trial could be set down for hearing within the next three months if all parties were ready to proceed

+ Reply to Thread