Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Smoken Up

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    This record will stand for a while but i'm already looking foward to seeing it broken as these sort of races take your breath away.

Senior Member 2YO Love Of Courage will become famous soon enough Love Of Courage's Avatar
    Real Name
    Sue Smith
    Go Lance Go !

I must admit that like most I am not a great fan of Lance, however to give him credit he does make the sport exciting. Nothing more boring than a burn for the lead followed by walk, walk, walk and a sprint home.

Fast times do make for exciting racing !

Member Filly montana will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dean Shannon
    Occupation
    unemployed
    simply devastating i think it will stand until lance has another crack at it , he really puts faith in the horse and is fearless.

Member Filly DAZZA will become famous soon enough DAZZA's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    I know lance has alot of people on here that like to knock him. He makes big statements and Ive heard people call him mad (not on here) etc etc, but I cant remember one of those big statements he hasnt backed up. Miracle Mile he said if Natalie didnt hand up he'd sit outside BAF and beat him, I for one thought yeah good luck mate, he did it. He told anyone who wanted to listen he'd win the ID, he did (for now), he said he'd go 1.48. He did.

I think now people have seen it can be done, wont be to long until another one, Aus drivers like to try and pinch a quarter. In the US they just run the whole way, thats the main reason why they've always run faster (not to mention bigger tracks, gigs etc). But we might now see some AUS drivers just drop the reins in the dust sheet and let em run from the get go. Great for racing!

Junior Member Yearling Ziggy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Amanda Branch
    Sensational ! What a horse

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Just Watched a replay of the 2009 Inters,there was Smoken Up languishing at the back of the field being hard driven to keep up......congratulations! - yeah right.

Real Name
    Amanda Branch
    Just Watched a replay of the 2009 Inters,there was Smoken Up languishing at the back of the field being hard driven to keep up......congratulations! - yeah right.
    2009 wasn't his year what did he draw in the final??

He loves Menangle, and is pacing a lot smoother these days you can tell just watching him take the bends much easier. Also his trip to Auckland and racing the wrong way may have been just what he needed, with our riding horses we often balance them up by working them counter canter, which I know doesnt directly relate, but racing and working in the opposite direction, may have actually improved Smoken Ups gait.

Oh and just to remind you in 2008 at the grand opening of Menangle Park Smoken up won in a time of 1:51 he has continued to improve and break these records. So that makes your reference to 2009 inters irrelevant IMO.

Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    Smoken Up wasnt right ID09. That point is fruitless. Knew there would be people to come out with the "what drugs is he on this week argument."

While on Smoken Up, on last nights performance he should be dominate for the next 12-24 months barring bad luck. However I dont think he will be winning Inter Dom in WA next year, 800m track ....

Real Name
    Amanda Branch
    Last edited by Ziggy; 12-23-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Real Name
    Michael Johnson
    I really dont think Lance would be that stupid to treat him with anything sinister for an ID final and the horse has been going that well of late and been coming back negative so its common sense that he isnt a "drug cheat".
    DMSO is an antiinflammatory not a pain reliever. Perhaps he did give the horse some and it was just outside the 7 days for it to be out of his system. Regardless its not performance enhancing and I do not see Lance Justice as a bad bloke or a cheat and would feel for him massively if he lost the race.

I think Quinny will be favourite but at GP it will come down to barriers with the tight track. Western Cam is one that springs to mind, had plenty of time off, is Blackies replacement, if he comes back he will be one to beat. Dont think Mr Feelgood will be there, Stallion duties are a calling, with Smoken Up around I dont think he can beat him. Regardless there is plenty of quality horse flesh around, a week is a long time in racing so god knows what we will be talking about in 12 months

+ Reply to Thread