Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FIXED ODDS EXOTICS. Who wants it?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh

FIXED ODDS EXOTICS. Who wants it?

Some betting agencies advertise that they have fixed odds Exactas etc.
    What do you think about that being offered for the Trots?
    Personally i'd love it.
    Had a few examples this weekend that i think "$12 for those 2!!!???" Would have been all over that, but you don't indulge because it may pay $4...

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Sounds like a great option Ash.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Cheers Richard,
    A shame no betting agencies won't offer it on the trots...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Interesting article in the business section of The Age today
    http://www.theage.com.au/business/on...413-36leo.html
    Suggests head office is managing TAB's where restricted online fixed odds punters have turned to cash betting at agencies to get around being banned online.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Suggests head office is managing TAB's where restricted online fixed odds punters have turned to cash betting at agencies to get around being banned online.
    Even without monitoring the cash betting at agencies is still not even a great option for punters. I tried putting $50 on fixed odds on a horse at $34 and they wouldn't let me on. Put $20 on and they wound the price in. Bunch of pansies!

Fixed odds exotics would be great. But I reckon you be lucky getting on for $5. It would be a long way off though. Would have to be introduced in gallops first. If you look at fixed odd win markets, many gallops are up day before, yet harness goes up 15mins before they race. A lot would have to change for the exotics to become fixed in harness.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 04-14-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post

Or you could live where I do and if your voucher is worth over $500 they won't pay it out, so you've either got to break your bet down or you have to send your voucher off to TAB in Perth and they'll direct deposit into your account.

I did notice that the manager of the tavern who was winning quite handsomely when my horses were having a good patch never seemed to have any problem cashing his tickets out.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    Or you could live where I do and if your voucher is worth over $500 they won't pay it out, so you've either got to break your bet down or you have to send your voucher off to TAB in Perth and they'll direct deposit into your account.

I did notice that the manager of the tavern who was winning quite handsomely when my horses were having a good patch never seemed to have any problem cashing his tickets out.
    Could be a decision of the manager and not the TAB?

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Yep maybe he is trying to avoid being managed by head office like The Age article talks about
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post

Yes it's not the TAB it's the policy of Spotless who manage the tavern. It's not a full TAB, they just have a couple of touch machines. The policy cost them quite a few customers, a lot of people opened online accounts to avoid the problem.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post

That sucks Robert, but i went through Leinster a couple of years ago and I'm guessing they aren't holding a lot of cash on the races. Joys of mining I guess mate.
    cheers,
    Dan

+ Reply to Thread