Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FIXED ODDS EXOTICS. Who wants it?

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Even without monitoring the cash betting at agencies is still not even a great option for punters. I tried putting $50 on fixed odds on a horse at $34 and they wouldn't let me on. Put $20 on and they wound the price in. Bunch of pansies!

Fixed odds exotics would be great. But I reckon you be lucky getting on for $5. It would be a long way off though. Would have to be introduced in gallops first. If you look at fixed odd win markets, many gallops are up day before, yet harness goes up 15mins before they race. A lot would have to change for the exotics to become fixed in harness.
    Just spoke to Ladbrokes who do have Fixed Exacta, Quinella and Trifectas and they will not be offering it on the trots, the guy intimated this was due to them being "red hot" (my words)...at least he "thinks" thats what the bookmakers who make these decisions have determined...(allegedly!!!) being very careful with my choice of words here...!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    Yes it's not the TAB it's the policy of Spotless who manage the tavern. It's not a full TAB, they just have a couple of touch machines. The policy cost them quite a few customers, a lot of people opened online accounts to avoid the problem.
    and that way if you become a consistent biggish winner they will ban you from fixed odds betting - like the article said : they only want losers.
    It might be a case of - if there was only pool betting and thus a bigger pool, even the bigger punters would be better off as they won't be banned. It is just like online poker - they do not care who wins, their cut is a given
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread