Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars

Beautide

in a very short space of time this horse is becoming almost invinicble, his versatlity got him home again today ( as well as a great drive) He has the stuff that superstars are made of, but has a way to go to earn that tag. Got out of gaol with his brilliant turn of foot today!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Agree Dan, He certainly has all of the quality's of a superstar, Versatility is a major ingredient and I guess that we will have to see how he progresses in the next 12 months but a fantastic horse.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Beautide sure has come a long way. Well done to the horse and James. Avannova has also improved immensely! Great run from that horse! How were the times in the other races?

aussiebreno
    He didnt have any right to win that after being held up to the late stages. Wonderful victory.

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    Just so exciting a horse to call in a race because you really can expect the unexpected with him..... Brendan, I really thought he was in trouble near the turn but he is a freak....

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Beautide sure has come a long way. Well done to the horse and James. Avannova has also improved immensely! Great run from that horse! How were the times in the other races?
    And how far/fast has pacing come, what seemed like just an average MR in today's race, would have been considered remarkable just a few years ago
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    And how far/fast has pacing come, what seemed like just an average MR in today's race, would have been considered remarkable just a few years ago
    Put the good ones from 25 years ago on Menangle and they would of been running near enough to these times.

Faster Track + Faster Sulkies and better gear : )

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You are most likely right Bob but that is discounting any improvements in the breed(ing) and training. Improvements in training and feed can probably be deemed as unfair advantages just as improved tracks and sulkies when comparing generations but I am not sure whether we should be discounting improved breeding. Then again the very best are generally just freaks
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Yearling HarnessFan will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jeroen Nieuwenburg
    Horses
    Hokonui Ben Dartmoor Countess Jill
    Great win, I think James erred by not going three wide early.
    The second quarter of 31.8 suggests that staying in the 1-1 was asking for trouble.

Fred said Avonnova ran out of his skin. Given that this horse has been running these mile rates without cover over longer trips at AP suggests to me that he was in fact unlucky to be beaten be a superstar that indeed was forced to run out of his skin.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by HarnessFan View Post
    Great win, I think James erred by not going three wide early.
    The second quarter of 31.8 suggests that staying in the 1-1 was asking for trouble.

Fred said Avonnova ran out of his skin. Given that this horse has been running these mile rates without cover over longer trips at AP suggests to me that he was in fact unlucky to be beaten be a superstar that indeed was forced to run out of his skin.
    Wholeheartedly agree. If McCarthy's charge sticks on a little more into the straight (which he was probably entitled to) the 5s on pop goes down. That said, hats off to James.....the three decisions he made in the 3 big ones (3pegs miracle mile, keeping the death in ID in a 26.5 quarter + yesterday) all paid off......BIG TIME!
    IMO the 3rd horse went super yesterday also.

+ Reply to Thread