Roll With Joe

View Poll Results: Do You Have a Facebook Account?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 63.64%
  • No

4 36.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: When are you guys going to clean up that home-page????????

Flashing Red
    The only reason I don't like using my real name (bit of a mute point for this forum, but it doesn't matter) is that some people have a hard time grasping with the concept that I may have different views than my partner - they either group us together or run to him in glee with what I have written. Just means I have to be very careful with what I say, which I guess doesn't matter but I do feel restricted sometimes in discussions for that very reason. It's not because I'm hiding behind a non de plum or wouldn't say what I have typed to others in public, a reason a lot of people don't like using their real names...

Administrator 3YO admin will become famous soon enough admin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    To confirm, yeah we're talking about Harnesslink.com.

Flashing Red, since it's quite a close industry I would expect a fair few others would have similar concerns. But I guess we basically are going for the "if you're not comfortable saying something to somebody's face, then you shouldn't be writing it online. Unfortunately your type of situation gets court in the middle, but the facebook would be better than what we currently have.

Keep the responses/votes coming please.
    Please read the rules before posting.

Harnesslink Marketing Manager

Super Moderator Colt Neil will become famous soon enough Neil's Avatar
    Real Name
    Neil Bennett
    Occupation
    Engineer
    regular user of facebook and find it a great way of sharing videos, photos and information with my syndicate members - not all joined by with public access have not had any problems

happy with either way but don't agree that comments on the home page of harness link add any value and using only facebook for that would make a lot of sense

Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    After testing for a couple of weeks we've implemented the discussed changes on Harnesslink. All comments on Harnesslink.com will now go through Facebook, meaning real names will be required and comments will go up automatically. To appear on the homepage (sidebar) the comments will need to be approved by our staff. The end result is a massive drop off in the number of comments so far but we hope this will rise steadily as people get used to the system. On the plus side we haven't had any negative comments and the design is a bit nicer.

Thanks everybody for the input and I hope you'll try out the system and help kick it off. If there is anything wrong or you think anything can be improved please let me know in this thread.

triplev123
    Good on you Admin. That'll kill off the Trolls in one go...and not before time. Three Cheers.

triplev123

Get out of my way, I want a Pie.

http://www.harnesslink.com/www/Article.cgi?ID=89610

Look-out....Sam's gone and pushed in at the front of the line at the School Canteen again.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Hey Triple

Mate don't let them steal your thunder lmao.

aussiebreno
    What is this twitbook anyway?

triplev123
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hey Triple

Mate don't let them steal your thunder lmao.

I called Sam & gave him a rev up last night...but I think he was more interested in and distracted by the contents of his verging upon legendary walk-in wardrobe.
    I suspect that he was in search of that dreadful Paisely shirt he wore to the APG Sale in Melbourne a few years ago.

I later suggested that if Hayes and Hamilton kept tipping the way they had been that shortly they may both need to sell up and move in to said wardrobe.

He declined the opportunity to comment.

Real Name
    Jules Boven
    Occupation
    Marketing Manager
    Horses
    Charge Forward
    Just to be clear, the change was long overdue and was the result of many complaints over a couple of years, I have the emails to prove it. It was Harness Racing NSW that convinced John we needed the change (in addition to a couple of legal threats recently), and this thread helped me decide what the changes would actually look like so thanks everyone. That article was released for publication on Harness Racing NSW, and we thought we would put it up.

+ Reply to Thread