Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lennytheshark

Junior Member Weanling Lenny will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Martin Riseley
    The decision to change stables with Lenny was a difficult one as JJ had done a terrific job.
    After the rehab performed at sheron park predominately by pat Ryan it was decided to send Lenny to David Aiken to join numerous other horses we have at such a strong and in form stable.
    After lennies return to the track we could not be happier.
    Last edited by Lenny; 05-18-2014 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Typo

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    JJ only won a Derby with him.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    On face value it certainly looks a ruthless decision
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    I'm sure JJ is wrapt the horse is going so well for you Martin.

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    The horse is certainly flying but as said above he did win the NSW Derby as a 3 year old. As for feeling sorry for JJ well I don't agree. Trainers sack slow horses (or horses that are too slow for them) all the time. I am sure the ratio would be over 100-1 the number of good horses changing hands. Its the owners perogative as they are paying the bills.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    The horse is certainly flying but as said above he did win the NSW Derby as a 3 year old. As for feeling sorry for JJ well I don't agree. Trainers sack slow horses (or horses that are too slow for them) all the time. I am sure the ratio would be over 100-1 the number of good horses changing hands. Its the owners perogative as they are paying the bills.
    I don't see the correlation Jack. How does a trainer sacking slow horses equate to an owner sacking a Derby winning trainer. No one is disputing that the owners pay the bills and can do anything they like
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Making the point Kevin that loyalty goes both ways. The trainer says I don't want you to waste any more money. The truth his they don't want a team of slow horses.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Making the point Kevin that loyalty goes both ways. The trainer says I don't want you to waste any more money. The truth his they don't want a team of slow horses.
    Are you serious? I dont know any owner who enjoys paying up for a slow horse Jack.

Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Funnily enough plenty of these horses improve when they change stables.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    ??? Because there's so many harness racing trainers out there with a queue of people wanting a horse trained? If trainer says that to you only 1 possibility? They are being honest.

+ Reply to Thread