+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fantasy driver/trainer

Member Filly tyson will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Tyson Jones
    Horses
    Scrap Art, Shezarascal, Franco Torro

Fantasy driver/trainer

We have fantasy AFL and NRL. How good would it be if we had a fantasy stable with horses, drivers and trainers.

It would be hard to keep track of horses but the trainers and drivers would be ok

triplev123
    Vern Norrgard all the way.

Flashing Red
    I'm biased but you can't go past Tahnee Camilleri... lol.

Flashing Red
    In all honesty, if money were no matter I'd have Casie Coleman train and Brian Sears drive. Brian is a brilliant driver. And I have never, ever, ever seen another trainer take care of their horses like Casie Coleman does - no expense spared and they look outstanding, she is extremely professional and loves her horses.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by Flashing Red View Post
    I'm biased but you can't go past Tahnee Camilleri... lol.
    Hey Flashing Red

Out of interest do you have your licence to drive.

Flashing Red
    No, not to drive in races. I don't think I'll do anything more than trials (for my own horses), my real passion is to train

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    That sounds like the go these day's as there are so many drivers that drive day in day out that you can throw on anytime. They do it over in the states and it seems to work real well.

Flashing Red
    The only thing is, I think trainer drivers really get to know their horses. It's hard sometimes to keep the catch drivers on the same horses all the time. I know several big races IMHO lost with our horses that would have been alleviated with a trainer driver (ie trainer driving the horse)... JMO... I don't think horses like Blacks A Fake or Smoken Up would have been nearly as successful in their careers if their trainers didn't soley drive them. JMO.

I'm all for women drivers, but I see too many that aren't aggressive enough and/or can't hold them. On the other side of the coin, I think women trainers pay more attention to detail with the day to day work and I really think that makes a difference come raceday!

triplev123
    I'm absolutely shattered that my Vern Norrgard post flew through to the Keeper's Gloves with a resounding 'thwack'.

+ Reply to Thread