Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Follow the stars

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Back on the thread...Follow The Stars- the best Sthn Hemisphere bred 2yo I have seen in a VERY long time.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Seen truckloads of exceptional juveniles in my time, anyone remember the name of Grant Dixons superstar 2-Y-0 from about eighteen months ago? hows he going now? There are exceptions to the rule as named in the above posts, but gee it's a mighty big call putting superstar status on ANY 2YO.

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Its only the media who put superstar status on anything.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple V View Post
    Back on the thread...Follow The Stars- the best Sthn Hemisphere bred 2yo I have seen in a VERY long time.
    Full sister now 4 guessing she worth a bit breeding alone. What is the dams story? Aust database lacks a bit of info.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    My point was totally missed. I'm not trying to get anyone off side and by no means am I knocking any of the aforementioned horses but I don't care for exceptional/pretty fair/pretty well when I'm talking about the best. Scott Pendlebury is exceptional......Ablett is the best!! What I said was I don't believe I have seen a champion (best) younger horse turn out to be the best older horse of their time (golden reign does sound like a definite candidate but I was at milky bars, not pubs back then). It's rather similar with the thoroughbreds. I'm not a massive follower but Octagonal & Sunline are the only two that come to mind. I of course may be wrong (and I'm sure someone will be quick on the keyboard) but I just can't recall one.
    Socks- good younger horse, not the best. A length or two below the top ones in a few Derbys.
    Divisive- best younger horse, then BAFake. Was he maybe considered the best for a short time as an older horse?? I don't believe so.
    Shakamaker- Courage UF way superior younger horse
    Courage- Shaka caught up and probably went past as an older horse + Socks had his measure a few times.
    Tailamade Lombo- great mare but not better than Christian Cullen, Sandy, Iraklis
    Only others that come to mind are:
    Elsu??- can't for the life of me recall him in any Derbys
    Christian Cullen- was considered the best but injury prevented him competing for most of his 3yo term handing Holmes DG a bunch of Derby victories. Was this a blessing similar to BAF.
    Auckland Reactor??- won NZ horse of the year a couple of times but I'm not sure of his 2/3yo stats
    Cheers

Senior Member Stallion Triple V will become famous soon enough Triple V's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jaimie Varcoe
    Occupation
    Televangelist
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    Full sister now 4 guessing she worth a bit breeding alone. What is the dams story? Aust database lacks a bit of info.
    VVV-same maternal family as We Will See, Historic, Seven O'Clock, Dontgetinmyway, Magical Mike etc.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiebreno View Post
    You're looking in the wrong places Brenno - classic families is the way

http://classicfamilies.net/HorseDeta...rseID=10166342
    Click on one of his earlier dams and then use the descendants tab

or for the family
    http://classicfamilies.net/cf/Family...milyNumber=u24
    (for families I like to click on the heading of the last column to put them in Gp1 order)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    You're looking in the wrong places Brenno - classic families is the way

http://classicfamilies.net/HorseDeta...rseID=10166342
    Click on one of his earlier dams and then use the descendants tab

or for the family
    http://classicfamilies.net/cf/Family...milyNumber=u24
    (for families I like to click on the heading of the last column to put them in Gp1 order)
    Cheers Kevin.
    I reckon I can waste at least a few days looking through that website at different families.
    Edit: On second thought make that a few weeks.
    Last edited by aussiebreno; 05-07-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Member Filly Boydy will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Boyd
    I think this horse is obviously a freak, but can anyone tell me how a sales only race can be a Group 1.

I know the Magic Millions is not as it is a restricted to the sales race.

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    I think this horse is obviously a freak, but can anyone tell me how a sales only race can be a Group 1.

I know the Magic Millions is not as it is a restricted to the sales race.
    Agree Adam,

Group 1 status races should be open to all comers in your category in my humble opinion.

+ Reply to Thread