+ Reply to Thread

Thread: When does a AE run?

Hybrid View

Junior Member Foal zest2010 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ceci Klink

Question When does a AE run?

Hi,

I am new to harness racing and when I have been reading the entries for different races in US harness races, they sometimes has one or two horses that are AE's (also eligible), I have used Google and I have found out that sometimes if a horse in the start field is scratched alternatively more horses are scratched and the field is reduced the AE's will/might take part in the race.

I have checked the programs with results for a week (in US harness) and I have not been able to see any race where the AE is actually running.

I was wondering if any one knows when they are running and what will happen will the horse get a new number or will it take over the scratched horse start number?

If I have placed a bet on a horse that has been scratched and the place is taken over by an AE will my bet be moved over to the AE or will my bet be refunded?

How long before the race starts can the decision be made to have an AE in the field?

Hope anyone can help

Thanks,

Junior Member Foal nomireatras will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Malcolm

AE

An AE can move in only if a horse scratches out before scratch time. Usually that is the morning after post positions are drawn. Once the program is cleared, that is, made official and sent to the USTA, no AE can move in. When a horse scratches after scratch time, the race goes with the just the remaining horses.

Junior Member Foal zest2010 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Ceci Klink
    Thanks for the answer

Junior Member Foal nomireatras will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Carol Malcolm
    and to answer the other part of your question, if an AE draws in, he gets the same post position number as the horse who scratched out.

+ Reply to Thread