Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 100 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 68 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    According to your opinion Brendan, what's Restrepo's excuse? Not enough runs back? Poor barriers? Maybe he just isn't re same horse ATM...
    We follow Restrepo. One of the best looking horses going around. Not trying answer put to someone else but I wouldn't be writing him off yet.

This time in he had 1 run in May. 2 in July and one 3 weeks ago. Maybe had problems in between or maybe just bringing him along slowly. Last night no run for 20 days. Up against some pretty fast ones.

If you go back to Oct-Nov last year he raced 4 consecutive weeks. Won 3 and 2nd Kilmore Cup. All big races. Won $130k in 4 runs in 4 weeks. Also won Ballarat Cup week after ran 3rd Shepp Cup. And ran huge race Inter final week after run in heat.

Would appear lack of recent racing why he not right up there at moment. History suggests when they can get him up and going he a mighty good horse. So wouldn't be writing him off yet

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I know who I'd prefer to own. IMO Cullen has improved greatly since last prep and I will be almightily surprised if Steamer does happen to make up the ground on him in the future. The 'wraps' are currently unfounded, injury or no injury.
    Just another chance for me to be WRONG however.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I really like Restrepo, and would love to see him race like he used to not long ago. I hope I'm very wrong in saying that he's possibly not the same horse he used to be. I pretty much agree with what you wrote Brent, & I will gladly say I'm wrong if Steamer shows me he is the horse everybody makes out to be. He has a lot of potential, but ever since he beat Smoken Up, & KCullen, he has been more over rated than what he already was.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    Race 2 Dubbo Looking Sideways........should have

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-results.cfm?mc=DU230814&ms=nsw
    Last edited by Race For Fun; 08-24-2014 at 10:12 AM.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If you have not already seen Christen Me's return to the track last night (Highlighted on NZ's Harnesslink News and Newsbot thread)
    do yourself a favour and click this link (and marvel at Lochaburn's amazing runs too)
    http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Batt...l-at-Addington
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Both back in fine fettle Kev.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year broncobrad has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Brad Leach
    A first for a bloody long time, NBN in Northern NSW showed the finishing stages of Marty Monkhousers win today at Melton in their 6PM news...more than likely because of the Tritton/Panella/Hunter Valley connection. It was refreshing to see it.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I dont know whether the scheduling straight after the Crown is the problem but the fields for Horsham's Guineas and Princess on Wednesday are very disappointing and not only for quality as the Guineas has only a field of 6
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Member Gelding Mister JayKO will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Stu Black
    Kev, look at the conditions of the race 3C0 - 3C2 only, with respect given the timing of the race and the class limitations you are only ever going to get an average field and winner at best. Races needs to be brought forward much earlier in the season.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Young Gippsland reinswoman Mary Elliott celebrated her first race winner when Zoes Dream won at Yarra Valley trots on Monday afternoon.
    It was Mary's second race drive behind the mare after finishing third last week. She normally drives stablemate Drop Of Paradise, who also ran in Monday's race.
    Mary started race driving in January and had driven many placegetters before her first win on Monday, including a second placing at Shepparton over the weekend.
    A graduate of the Gippsland Harness Racing Training Centre, based at the Warragul harness track, Mary works for local horseman Michael Hughes, and also has her own trainers' licence.
    On Monday, Zoes Dream overcame interference early in the race, and led home a top four finish for Gippsland horses in the Oaks Day Trotters Handicap.
    A natural in the sulky, Mary has driven for several local trainers and her first victory will no doubt do her confidence the world of good as she forges a career in harness racing.
    Zoes Dream is raced by the Lets Go Trotting syndicate of owners, many based in Gippsland, and Monday's win was her fourth.

Closed Thread