Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 53 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Not Fred, Kevin Thompson called Menangle last night

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Thanks Bailey - I will correct
    My cochlear cannot even pick my bro in law LOL
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    He didn't have a great night last night at all......tough job and it happens to the best of them from time to time.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Its a shame more mile races at Menangle aren't run like R3 last night. It truly was a race full of non-stop action as opposed to what I consider the norm.......zero moves in the 2nd & 3rd qrts.

Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Is Anthony Robinson whipping the winner for 100m after the post?

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...sa#GDM17011502
    The one thing I picked correctly all Satdy Night......shame it didn't help my bank.

A.Robinson was questioned as to the reasons he continued to drive with vigour and apply the whip to APOCALYPSE DREAMA after the winning post. A. Robinson stated APOCALYPSE DREAMA has a tendency to pull up immediately after the winning post and he was aware there were several horses immediately behind him finishing the race at speed. He stated he was concerned about safety and attempted to get APOCALYPSEDREAMA away from other horses. Stewards advised A. Robinson that it was a technical breach of Rule 156(3)(f) however they accepted it was done for safety reasons. Stewards advised that in similar circumstances in future, he should shift APOCALYPSE DREAMA to the inside of marker pegs after the finish line.

aussiebreno
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    The one thing I picked correctly all Satdy Night......shame it didn't help my bank.

A.Robinson was questioned as to the reasons he continued to drive with vigour and apply the whip to APOCALYPSE DREAMA after the winning post. A. Robinson stated APOCALYPSE DREAMA has a tendency to pull up immediately after the winning post and he was aware there were several horses immediately behind him finishing the race at speed. He stated he was concerned about safety and attempted to get APOCALYPSEDREAMA away from other horses. Stewards advised A. Robinson that it was a technical breach of Rule 156(3)(f) however they accepted it was done for safety reasons. Stewards advised that in similar circumstances in future, he should shift APOCALYPSE DREAMA to the inside of marker pegs after the finish line.
    And much safer than the stewards suggestion. If he is 4 or 5 wide on the track a slowing horse coming down to inside the pegs could cause a bit of trouble.

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson

Hope this is ok here Kevin but I thought it was a good read.

http://www.smh.com.au/wa-news/rookie...19-12sins.html
    Last edited by Race For Fun; 01-21-2015 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Oops I thought I put this in the positive only thread..... blonde moment.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Pity the poor owners hoping to win a C0 in the last at Melton this Friday - have a look at who they have to compete with

http://www.harness.org.au/fields.cfm...omstate=vic#10

ps Toni, that was a good read
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 3YO Race For Fun will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Toni Dartson
    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...28-12zvfl.html

Wonder will this new racing channel mean that the trots will get a fair go on normal Sky 1 & 2 and not get cut off or crossed to part way through a race? We can but dream.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Race For Fun View Post
    http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horserac...28-12zvfl.html

Wonder will this new racing channel mean that the trots will get a fair go on normal Sky 1 & 2 and not get cut off or crossed to part way through a race? We can but dream.
    It sounds like a rebadged TVN to me which involved no extra cost to Foxtel subscribers as it had become part of the basic package, so I am not sure what VL is on about when he says unprecedented.
    For us it could be a catch 22 - if we are not intermixed with gallops I fear we have zero chance of growing.
    Toni, I suspect they will still do it the TVN way in that you will see the main gallops on both Sky 1 and Sky Racing World
    We are always going to be intermixed with the dogs - *%#@ I hate the dogs
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread