Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 100 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Lightbulb ODDS and ENDS 2 (not worth a thread but worth a post)

To keep things manageable a new Odds and Ends thread

Post away
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Having started this I had better put something in here.
    A repeat grizzle about what I am guessing were promo colours.
    In no shape or form did Gavin Lang on Our Femme Fatale wear yellow tonight
    And yes it did not matter as the Sky coverage named her as she raced near the lead (but had yellow colours next to her name)
    But if she had not some of us who are deaf or in a noisy TAB rely on the colours to pick up horses.
    Rightio now someone can post that it was for charity and make me feel like an ass

On a positive note - don't forget the 2yo fillies Breeders Crown heats at Ballarat tomorrow
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill

Odds and Ends 3 (Worth a Post but not worth a thread)

Please think seriously when you post a new "one Off" comment.
    If you ask a question you are likely to get one or more replies. That's going to start a discussion. Hence a thread. Not for here.
    If your going to post something controversial. It's likely to draw one or more replies.
    hence a thread. Not for here.
    If your going to post a gripe or cheer emanating from your back pocket. It's almost bound to draw comments and create a thread. Not for here.
    It's accepted that you may post a comment that is generally considered not to make a big splash. That's fine. Version 2 was never going to fit when a question is asked on a topic which always draws discussion at every instance.
    Last edited by teecee; 07-26-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Does it really matter that much TC?
    We want people posting, replying and viewing and Odds and Ends certainly seem to achieve that
    If you are reading it each night can't you just create a thread for something that evolved into a topic (like the Attard suspension did)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year trish will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    patricia ilsley
    What Happens When You Go Too Fast or Slow Even With an Unblemished 40 years Career.

Why is this thread closed?
    I hope Messengers " Odds and ends " is more successful than Harry Potter.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    This is not about any of what you mention. It is about putting your views into the right thread, not just dumping them any old wherever.
    Some people appreciate that I am trying to make up individual threads for readers to follow the many dialogues ongoing.

If your posts are deleted it's nothing personal. You simply didn't follow the rules. They are the rules you agreed to follow when you signed up. With that in mind the rules require you to post discussion on issues not people or personalities. Your post above is taken as a direct attack on me. Hence it has been deleted. Move on.
    Last edited by teecee; 07-26-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    ]I found a newspaper clip dated 6/12/1967. Its a picture of the champion local mare Dainty's Daughter in a morning workout at GP with her late trainer/reinsman Bernie Cushing in preparation for the big Christmas events that year. No helmets required when driving fastwork back then hence Bernie's hat heading skyward. These were the days when journalists and photographer would turn up at the track and trials to get a story. It's out of leftfield but thought it interesting enough, but nowhere to post except odds and ends.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Mighty Atom; 07-27-2014 at 10:14 AM. Reason: changed size of image

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Perfect place for the photo Rod, I like the hat, It looks exactly like the ones the Dee's used to wear in Homicide or Division 4, Same era anyway.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Perfect place for the photo Rod, I like the hat, It looks exactly like the ones the Dee's used to wear in Homicide or Division 4, Same era anyway.
    Hi Rich,
    Bernie was the perfect gentleman but he certainly had the Dee look when he wore those hats.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Only 6 races at Cranbourne tonight with 5 faves and a second fav winning and 4 were very short: $1.40, $1.30, $1.20, $1.20
    I can't imagine they do much for turnover
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread