Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 31 of 100 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 41 81 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Love the surrounds Kyle, Really nice with all the trees, Very picturesque. The commentator did a very good job also.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 09-28-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Glad you like it - the freeway is at the back of the trees and the railway runs by the grounds back behind where we film from with the station and freeway exit right near the front gate. We are also only a short dash from the centre of the town so very centrally located!

I will give myself a rare pat on the back as I was the commentator - I also film them at the same time so perhaps you could say multi talented!

In a past life I called races on radio but not anymore (long story), now I have to sit and watch!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    You should have pressed on with calling Kyle

Looking at some old photo albums last few days. Horse I had a share in used to race there (Warragul) often. When it was the 3 furlong track. Late 1986 - early 1987.

Only have pages from racebook. One of them December 1986. Says fastest mile rate recorded 2.04 Winsaffair 1979-80.

Our horse went 2.15 winning trial Yarrambat. That made him a 'moral' next start. (No better than 28) Warragul 30-12-1986. 5/1 into 5/2. Ran 2nd beaten 1.5m in 2.14.

Winner trained by Noel Alexander and driven by Jayne Davies.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    They have won plenty of races there over the years Paul so you were bound to run into them at some stage!

The camber on the bends will be lifted from 8% to 12.5% and on the straights from around 2% to 4% when works commence shortly. New surface as well plus the flat spots, soft spots and hard spots etc should disappear. The engineer tells me the track should quicken by a couple of seconds. The current record sits around 1:57.4 so I am excited about what might be achieved on reopening day, December 1. They did go 1:56.7 around there in the 90's before the pegs went in and distances changed.

The track is 22 metres wide from rail to outside fence, a legacy of when they decided to start running 10 off the front in Victoria (briefly) in the late 80's so there is plenty of room to move.

We have thought at the club that the track might end up a little like Delaware, home of Little Brown Jug which is a bit shorter and narrower than Warragul but banked really well. John Tapp's comments on In The Gig last week were interesting. He went to the Jug and commented on the amazing quality of the track. We might just end up with a point of difference in Victoria when our track reopens.

Here is a photo of the track for those who have not been trackside before
    Attached Images

Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    By the way Paul I would have pressed on with calling too but I got stopped in my tracks a year ago and those who look after that won't let me anymore!

As I said, a long story, probably one many have their own versions of from their own lives/careers!

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Sounds fantastic Kyle, There's definitley room for a Delaware style track in Oz and the times should be improved a hell of a lot with the banking works. Good luck mate, I might have to reschedule my trip down to a Victoria.

Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    We'll make you welcome Richard at "the best little track in Victoria!"

Hopefully we can have our own "Delaware" style event at our annual Easter Sunday meeting within the next decade.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Thanks Kyle, I've always loved that remark in Field of Dreams, Build it and they will come and Easter Sunday sounds perfect.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    All the best with it Kyle. Our bloke won his first race start there and came back and won again later (undefeated there!). Always very, very fond memories.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Wayne Potter took 3 to Cranbourne tonight and they all saluted

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...R280914&ms=vic

$15.70, $4.60, $3.10

Letting $10 ride would have given you $2239
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Closed Thread