Roll With Joe
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 100 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: ODDS AND ENDS - not worth a thread but worth a post

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Good racing at Horsham today and we even had 50% sunshine. The Manning family took the honours with half the card between them
    Electric Ollie was a VG win for Kerryn when he was forced to go 4w earlier than expected and if you like competitive, tactical races even when over a short trip then check out race 6

One criticism of the day would be that either the club or Mediatec have to get there act together as you should have a designated race replay screen on track as so many of us want to have another look straight after the race and they could not even get a screen working in the stable area.

The moment is lost and you may as well wait until you get home if the best available is having to wait half an hour to get it on your phone. I am not sure about the stable area but I know that this has been a problem in the grandstand lounge for at least a year.

ps Too much negativity there. A big Congratulations to the club for making it free admittance like Stawell. (Numbers are so low nowadays I have never thought charging would even prove to be profitable after you subtract a wage) Maybe Hamilton will follow the trend
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-17-2014 at 02:18 AM. Reason: ps
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Am I the only dunce on here. In case I am not and like me you have been known to miss something, well Brendan has pointed out to me that
    All we have to do is CLICK ON NEW POSTS in the top left hand corner when you log on and you will not miss anything. Thanks a again Brendan
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Nice work.
    Signed: fellow dunce

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    What seriously shits me is- people asking/demanding that Lance hands over the 2011 Interdominion rug & trophy!
    Would you want it, knowing, regardless what transpired,
    Trigger earned that fair and square! These people make out that Trigger was a one
    Hit wonder.. HATERS WILL KEEP ON HATING ON THE MAC
    DADDY otherwise known as Trigger

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    What seriously shits me is- people asking/demanding that Lance hands over the 2011 Interdominion rug & trophy!
    Would you want it, knowing, regardless what transpired,
    Trigger earned that fair and square! These people make out that Trigger was a one
    Hit wonder.. HATERS WILL KEEP ON HATING ON THE MAC
    DADDY otherwise known as Trigger

I have received several PM complaining about issues made in the above post.
    I am drawn to comment on the claims made in the previous post. I should normally delete such an ill informed post but in this sole instance, to illustrate my point I am going to leave it.
    Issue 1..
    The claims made are factually incorrect.
    Smoken Up raced and was first past the post in the 2011 Interdominion Final.
    He adjudged to have performed with a prohibited substance in his system.
    As per the rules under which the race was run, Smoken Up was subsequently disqualified following a hearing by independent judges under those rules and the rules of Harness Racing New Zealand.
    Their decision, after hearing all the evidence of both sides, to disqualify Smoken Up from the race was upheld on appeal to a Racing appeals Tribunal constituted under the rules of Harness acing New Zealand.
    Their decision was further vindicated following a judicial review by the High Court of New Zealand.
    Although some may neither like nor accept it, the 2011 Interdominion series and the final race were run under the rules of Harness Racing New Zealand.
    It is those rules that Smoken Up raced under and was subsequently found to have breached.

Issue 2..
    Smoken up Was bred and initially raced in New Zealand. The same applies to (I'm)themightyquinn.
    We can all acknowledge what these and the many other great horses that make harness racing what it was, is and will be in the future.
    this forum was set up as a resource for harness racing and it does the forum absolutely no credit to have to read ill informed nonsense continually regurgitated to push one point of view over an other. Have your say on the issue, respect the other viewpoint and move on. Be sure to have your facts correct to back up your opinion.

Posts which offer nothing substantively new to the discussion are only filling space and wasting readers' time.
    They will be deleted as repetitive and negatively argumentative.

aussiebreno
    http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/comm...-1226992489417

Found point 4 interesting. I'm no horseman but obviously many horseman like to take note of a yearlings front legs when buying at the sales.IApplies with humans too apparently.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Anyone notice that Smoken's been Banned????????!!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    That is surprising as we were pm' ing each other earlier and he seemed sweet

Any chance of an explanation Mods? Not to be nosey - it is just a bit creepy when someone just 'disappears'
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Grinfromeartoear adds 2 more winning starters to his list at Ballarat tonight including the 3yo first starter Jilliby Jagger (1.57.7) for the Cravens - that family know how to breed them.
    All the Grin's I see at the races always seem to be strong, well put together types. I haven't read my new conformation book yet so for now I will call them Ruck Rovers
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Amlin will become famous soon enough Amlin's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kyle Galley
    Found this one on YouTube - a profile of Kylie Harrison when she was a top young race driver, now of course Kylie is a member of the Stewards panel in Victoria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vft...dZHNiPtm31BEWw

Closed Thread