+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Motor Smoker

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps

Motor Smoker

Very very sad :,(

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The replay does not show it but it was obvious he was going to choke down. I see he fell - is he allright?
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Unfortunately he was euthanised He was a horse I was very interested in following in the future! He had a bright future! Extremely sad for the horse and his connections and all involved.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    On the replay he was in a zip fastener and choking down - to be euthanised he must have fallen awkwardly
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    He ran into the outside fence with a lot of force.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    We all feel for the owner/breeders - it is so hard to get a good one and to lose him so tragically sucks big time. Poor horse
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Agree man. Just devastating! Hope he is running free in the heavens!

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    On the replay he was in a zip fastener and choking down - to be euthanised he must have fallen awkwardly
    I didn't have a bet on the race but I watched it. He was equal Fav and driven like a 1000-1 hope. It's terrible what happened to the horse and it should of been avoided.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    I didn't have a bet on the race but I watched it. He was equal Fav and driven like a 1000-1 hope. It's terrible what happened to the horse and it should of been avoided.
    Sad story but I tend to agree Bob. I backed him as he was clearly the best horse in the race and I was amazed the driver didn't decide to pull 3 wide to lead the train, especially considering the fast early pace. Is it possible however that the driver sensed something wasn't right?? I guess we will find out more when the inquiry is held.

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Sad story but I tend to agree Bob. I backed him as he was clearly the best horse in the race and I was amazed the driver didn't decide to pull 3 wide to lead the train, especially considering the fast early pace. Is it possible however that the driver sensed something wasn't right?? I guess we will find out more when the inquiry is held.
    They barely broke 2.01 for the Mile. The horse got fierce once engulfed by inferior horses and choked down. I honestly think he'd quit, thought he was too far off them, so let's try again next week. Unfortunately the Stewards in NSW and VIC have been letting them getting away with such tactics for far too long. A decade ago +, Stewards were all over it. If we're not careful our racing here will resemble the farce that is NZ racing where Stewards have been stone cold for decades.

I'd be interested to know whether staff numbers and funding indexed, is at a level now than it was 10-20 years ago ?

+ Reply to Thread