Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Motor Smoker

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    No doubt Michael Bellman will be asked at the inquiry, why he did not pull 3w entering the straight for the bell.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Probably should have pulled out, but how could one predict that something like this would happen! He would be feeling absolutely depressed! These things are simply devastating, for the horse involved and connections.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was meaning he probably should have pulled out 'to be a winning chance' on one of the most favoured runners but on reviewing his racing pattern it would seem that he has been driven for luck in the past
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Leigh Stollery
    Quote Originally Posted by HaroldParker View Post
    They barely broke 2.01 for the Mile. The horse got fierce once engulfed by inferior horses and choked down. I honestly think he'd quit, thought he was too far off them, so let's try again next week. Unfortunately the Stewards in NSW and VIC have been letting them getting away with such tactics for far too long. A decade ago +, Stewards were all over it. If we're not careful our racing here will resemble the farce that is NZ racing where Stewards have been stone cold for decades.

I'd be interested to know whether staff numbers and funding indexed, is at a level now than it was 10-20 years ago ?
    WTF? A horse was involved in an unavoidable incident, and youre peddaling some crap about stewards, staff numbers and funding!!!

Senior Member 4YO HaroldParker will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Bob Parker
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Camilla"s Lovechild View Post
    WTF? A horse was involved in an unavoidable incident, and youre peddaling some crap about stewards, staff numbers and funding!!!
    It was absolutely avoidable.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Bit Noisy wins at Shepp by 16m in 1.55.8 - I would have expected to see a QIP in stewards comments

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#SPB25051407
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Bit Noisy wins at Shepp by 16m in 1.55.8 - I would have expected to see a QIP in stewards comments

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#SPB25051407
    Won like a real nice horse at very good odds as well, Defintley worth a QIP!!
    Last edited by Richard prior; 05-26-2014 at 08:08 AM.

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Vet reckons horse could have almost been dead before it hit the fence and was only carrying on with the adrenalin. The driver wasn't able to steer the horse at all.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Quote Originally Posted by The Escape Club View Post
    Vet reckons horse could have almost been dead before it hit the fence and was only carrying on with the adrenalin. The driver wasn't able to steer the horse at all.
    Ok, but would this have been avoidable by letting the horse stride 3 wide at the bell? I'm as much a horseman as I am a supermodel but to my eye this seemed avoidable with a more heady drive?
    Cheers for the info Robert....did it come out of the inquiry??

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Just read 'on inspection Dr Peter Ellis observed signs suggestive of an internal haemorrhage'. Can anyone tell me if this can occur as a result of choking down? Cheers

+ Reply to Thread