Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Long live the King!

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Yes looked like he got around the corner pretty good as well.
    Richard, Lance said in the presentation that Trigger still doesn't handle the tighter turns and had to wait until straightening before he asked him to go. He said Trigger was never going to let Come On Frank pass him. He was full of praise for his "will to win" even at this age.
    Given the time, it would have been interesting had he drawn the front, how close it would have been to a track record....now that would have been sensational!!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by p plater View Post
    Just got back myself from Adelaide...what a great day.
    I think I saw Paul & Luke with Lance after the race, I wasn't able to catch up with them but I heard Lance wish Paul good luck with his horse. Great work Lance.
    So many locals saying they are going to Melton for his last run.
    Yep that was us Bailey! Wish you'd sung out.

We took the slow lane home. Back about an hour ago all safe.

Yes was a magic day. Long drive but worth every mile.

Father of year Kev? Sure his teachers be impressed he had day off school for a horse! And his mum even more impressed he was studying the Maryborough form on way home today instead of studying for school test tomorrow.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Yep that was us Bailey! Wish you'd sung out.

We took the slow lane home. Back about an hour ago all safe.

Yes was a magic day. Long drive but worth every mile.

Father of year Kev? Sure his teachers be impressed he had day off school for a horse! And his mum even more impressed he was studying the Maryborough form on way home today instead of studying for school test tomorrow.
    Day off school and you did not even stay at The Gap on the way home - I don't know
    I would have been bad company - still suffering!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps

Jimmy Jacques Fair Well Trigger call

I just noticed that there are some that disliked/hated Jimmy's call last Sunday.. I personally thought it was very exciting as Jimmy painted a picture to his/her listeners. Sure Jimmy made a few errors, but his passion and excitement was where it should be IMO.
    Did people realise it was the Champs ever last race call in S.A?
    Jimmy is one of my favourite callers going around in the trots.
    Thanks for a fantastic call Jimmy

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Can't believe that Smoken, If they don't like Jimmy's race calls, Turn the bloody volume down. Jimmy's passion is second to none and I thought it was a terrific call.

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Seriously Rich, I was shocked at some comments regarding Jimmy's call. Some people just don't understand passion

Senior Member 2YO doinmabest has a spectacular aura about
    Real Name
    Fred Hastings
    JJ epitomises passion and his call was befitting the occasion.... One thing I can vouch for in this caper is there is no pleasing everyone and it is futile to try... Hats off Jimmy, well played

Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Well said Fred. I always remember your call of Trigger breaking the 1.50 barrier, and a few others that Trigger racked up there. Spine tingling and very passionate!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I didn't hear it (I don't hear many LOL) but callers of any sport definitely fall under personal taste. Even being deaf I hate shouters - the equivalent of a Rex Hunt football call and I would rather have no sound.
    I think it is important that a call should not be over the top for an ordinary run of the mill race - the gallops caller I hear on Win news for Warrnambool races clearly believes every race he calls is the race of the century. Personal preference like I said - I am sure the winning owners of those races love it
    Greg Miles for me in the gallopers - calm and accurate with just a dash of flair and excitement
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    We talk about the next generation and the new media available to us. I found this on "Come On Frank" facebook page, now a way down his page, a fantastic photo of Smoken Up and Come on Frank touching noses. (If someone smarter than me can put it up here it would be appreciated)
    The caption reads
    "Smoken Up and Meee!!!!! Trigger is giving me some wise words of wisdom and some tips on how to win the next 4 SA Cups — with SMOKEN UP NZ."

Great stuff, this sort of thing should be in the main print for the good side of our sport.

+ Reply to Thread