Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are stewards penalties so weak?

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon

Why are stewards penalties so weak?

Its time stewards got tough on people. I mean real tough not this wishie washie crap.
    These 6-12 months penalties do nothing, other than to give these people a nice hoilday for the money thier earned cheating the sport in the pervious years. How about grow some balls,change the rules to this. Regardless of the drug ( bi-carb, epo, cobalt) who cares what its is a drug is a drug.

First offence 5 years , Second 10 years , Third life. You have to put some fear in people.
    To me its seems at the monment its like go your hardest if you get caught so what. Its only
    6 months, 12 months, 2 years. I'll just enjoy life untill then, get my licence back and go again untill I get caught. Theirs no deterrent for anyone to stop cheating or to not think
    about doing it. Get real with penalties

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Not to mention the ability to transfer training to a family member or partner

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    Penalties are not strong enough you reckon . You will not find a bigger anti drugs advocate then me, but under your system dean Braun gets 5 years for bute ,which has a cut of period of 5 days. Nsw vets and lab,deans vet all gave evidence that the levels found in it horse's system was administered at least 7 days before,but he still got 6 months ,under your system he gets 5 years. Just before everyone shoots me down here who hasn't had a horse that hasn't been treated with bute 7 days from a race.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Stewards don't set the penalties. Stewards administer the rules.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone george View Post
    Penalties are not strong enough you reckon . You will not find a bigger anti drugs advocate then me, but under your system dean Braun gets 5 years for bute ,which has a cut of period of 5 days. Nsw vets and lab,deans vet all gave evidence that the levels found in it horse's system was administered at least 7 days before,but he still got 6 months ,under your system he gets 5 years. Just before everyone shoots me down here who hasn't had a horse that hasn't been treated with bute 7 days from a race.
    Hi Greg

I'd agree with you on this, I read an article before about bute and it said that bute only works for 72hrs (3 day's) so the the small amount that was in the horses system at 7 day's would have been no benefit to the horses performance at all. To me I find that 6 months was a little harsh. By the way just to let people know I don't know Dean it's just my opinion.

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by Toohard View Post
    Stewards don't set the penalties. Stewards administer the rules.
    Thats my point if you read what i said, i said change the rules. They used to set
    penalties here in vic, before this joke of a rad board came in. If you look at the
    results of the rad board all most every one who appeals gets a lighter sentence

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone george View Post
    Bute is still classed as a drug, who knows if it could be masking something else

Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Just been told by a mate of mine who trains a couple of thoroughbreds their vet says min7 days before next race
    prefreable 9days if they give their horse bute once their get home for recovery untill its
    next start.

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    Bute is still classed as a drug, who knows if it could be masking something else
    Could be,the queen could all be my mother . If there no evidence of that don't say it.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by jackthepunter View Post
    Thats my point if you read what i said, i said change the rules. They used to set
    penalties here in vic, before this joke of a rad board came in. If you look at the
    results of the rad board all most every one who appeals gets a lighter sentence
    Not arguing Jack. Can't pin it on the stewards though.

+ Reply to Thread