Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why are stewards penalties so weak?

Member Yearling cyclone george will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    greg fusinato
    A trainer that uses bute is a chemist,How do you know it might have had a tempeture 7 days before it race for a day or so. Couldn't find a better reason to call trainers a chemist. Good reason not to run it for 14 days,you've got to be joking

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Cobalt Chloride use had been detected in Victoria

Darryl Sherer - 1/06/2014
    Victorian-trained horses had been detected with excessive levels of Cobalt Chloride in their system prior to it being listed as a prohibited substance.

Racing Victoria chief steward Terry Bailey said there had been evidence of its use and that had prompted Racing Victoria to identify it and introduce a threshold limit of 200 micrograms per litre in urine from April 14 this year.

"Cobalt occurs naturally in a horse and introducing rules for a threshold was not straightforward but we are fortunate the Racing Victoria board and Bernard Saundry backed us by putting a rule in place and it puts us on solid ground in Victoria.” Bailey said on Radio RSN Sunday.

Racing NSW stewards conducted a search of trainer Darren Smith’s Broadmeadow stables on Friday morning and found evidence of Cobalt Chloride use, scratching Smith’s two runners at Rosehill on Saturday and refusing nominations of horses trained by him.

Bailey said ‘posession of Cobalt Chloride is an offence’ for licenced persons and the Racing NSW case is ‘interesting and one that we will watch with interest’

"All we want is an equal playing field and we are satisfied that the rule we have in place is adequate until further tests are done on this substance,” he said.

Bailey confirmed that swab samples had detected horses with elevated levels of Cobalt Chloride in their system prior to the threshold limit rule being introduced.

"Since the rule came in we’re certainly pleased and confident we don’t have an issue with it here (Victoria) based on the results so far.

"We did have some evidence of that prior to the rule being implemented but I’m pleased to say the rule seems to have served as a deterrent and our tests are suggesting that.” he said.

Every swab sample taken in Victoria from April 14 has been tested for Cobalt Chloride.

This has to been the greatest piss take of all time. Basically will work out witch trainers are over the limit, give them plenty of warning to stop then start testing for it what a joke. Terry Bailey has said in the past their know about it possible use for over 12 months and hong kong have had their level set at 100mg for some time.
    Yet harness racing always cops the bad rap, because some of the time we go after people before the fact. Yet the gallops of course are so clean when they race for millions of dollor and we race for a few thousand. Your got to have a good laugh at this.

Junior Member Weanling Wilso will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Wilson
    I do however disagree with that fact he was disqualified on friday by HRNSW but it didnt come into effect until midnight given he had horses engaged at Melton.

Super Moderator Horse Of The Year teecee has a spectacular aura about teecee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Tony Cahill
    This forum is for members 18 years and older to express their views on ISSUES relating to HARNESS RACING in a MATURE and Thoughtful manner. To refresh your memory of how this works if you personally feel the need of a refresher I suggest you go back and read the thread on improving Harness Racing in Australia.
    Some of the latest views I have read here especially in this thread I believe are not consistent with this. Please read what you post in the perspective of the reader before you submit it and ensure it represents a mature view of the ISSUE and respects the reader.

Recent comments referring to others' opinions directly and avoiding the discussion here are pretty close to the edge of where this thread could regrettably be closed.
    Thank you.

Super Moderator Stallion mango will become famous soon enough mango's Avatar
    Real Name
    Dallas Harvey
    Occupation
    Shift Operator
    Horses
    G R We There Yet, Crowea
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso View Post
    I do however disagree with that fact he was disqualified on friday by HRNSW but it didnt come into effect until midnight given he had horses engaged at Melton.
    Hi Steve

Hrnsw updated late friday arvo on the official twitter account that Dean was disqualified for 6 months from midnight 30-5 and they will be releasing more info monday. Melton raced friday so that's why it came into effect at midnight.

Real Name
    Steve Wilson
    Quote Originally Posted by mango View Post
    Hi Steve

Hrnsw updated late friday arvo on the official twitter account that Dean was disqualified for 6 months from midnight 30-5 and they will be releasing more info monday. Melton raced friday so that's why it came into effect at midnight.
    Understood Dallas.
    Do we know whats doing with his horses?

Senior Member Stallion Danno is a jewel in the rough
    Real Name
    Dan Gibson
    Occupation
    Driving 175:1 winners!
    Horses
    No Stars
    Steve, "wilso",

firstly can I please apologise for the major error I have made, you see a few years ago ( I have already been clear about the fact that I am a hobby trainer) my work took me into the "intellectual disabilities" sphere, for quite a while actually, about seven years all up, and I am really embarressed to admit ( having been a former professional in the field) that, despite numerous warning signs like an "inability to connect more than 2 facts" simultaneously, "finds it difficult to relate to anything other than personal experience", that I have completely missed that I am debating some one that a few years ago I would have defended on the basis of diminished capacity.

please accept my truly heartfelt apology, I was once guilty of engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man and swore to myself I would never do that again, but here we go and I've done it again.

BTW "Steve", You've had a fair dig at my recent poor run as a trainer, if you have any ticker at all you will enlighten the rest of us with your own statistics, I'm only guessing but I think an interview might go somethiong like this.....

Q. tell us Steve, how many winners have you trained? A. None but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many times have you actually worked a horse. A. Never but I know a bloke that does.

Q. tell us Steve, how many times have you actually harnessed a horse up?? . A. Never but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you worked on a track? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you actually touched?? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you actually driven in a race?? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you actually driven trackwork?? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you broken in?? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you shod?? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Tell me how far wrong I am Steve, please prove me to be the fool. I can spot a bullshit artist from a long way away mate and you fit the bill admirably.

Real Name
    Steve Wilson
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Steve, "wilso",

firstly can I please apologise for the major error I have made, you see a few years ago ( I have already been clear about the fact that I am a hobby trainer) my work took me into the "intellectual disabilities" sphere, for quite a while actually, about seven years all up, and I am really embarressed to admit ( having been a former professional in the field) that, despite numerous warning signs like an "inability to connect more than 2 facts" simultaneously, "finds it difficult to relate to anything other than personal experience", that I have completely missed that I am debating some one that a few years ago I would have defended on the basis of diminished capacity.

please accept my truly heartfelt apology, I was once guilty of engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed man and swore to myself I would never do that again, but here we go and I've done it again.

BTW "Steve", You've had a fair dig at my recent poor run as a trainer, if you have any ticker at all you will enlighten the rest of us with your own statistics, I'm only guessing but I think an interview might go somethiong like this.....

Q. tell us Steve, how many winners have you trained? A. None but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many times have you actually worked a horse. A. Never but I know a bloke that does.

Q. tell us Steve, how many times have you actually harnessed a horse up?? . A. Never but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you worked on a track? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you actually touched?? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you actually driven in a race?? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you actually driven trackwork?? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you broken in?? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Q. tell us Steve, how many horses have you shod?? A. None, but I know a bloke that has.

Tell me how far wrong I am Steve, please prove me to be the fool. I can spot a bullshit artist from a long way away mate and you fit the bill admirably.
    Take you a while to compose that did it Danny?
    Little tip try a little more training little less worrying about Harness Forum and you may get some results at the races.
    My advice, try the KISS rule...
    Keep It Simple Stupid

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso View Post
    Take you a while to compose that did it Danny?
    Little tip try a little more training little less worrying about Harness Forum and you may get some results at the races.
    My advice, try the KISS rule...
    Keep It Simple Stupid
    9 questions.
    Answered 0.

Maybe ask 1 at time...

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclone george View Post
    A trainer that uses bute is a chemist,How do you know it might have had a tempeture 7 days before it race for a day or so. Couldn't find a better reason to call trainers a chemist. Good reason not to run it for 14 days,you've got to be joking
    Greg can you slow down and compose your posts coherently. I have taught English to people from all age groups but I am really guessing that the following is what you were trying to say :

A trainer that uses bute is not a chemist. Bute could be used by a trainer for a horse that had a temperature and was not due to race for 7 days. Using bute is not a good reason to call a trainer a chemist. You are surely joking about preferring to postpone racing such a horse for 14 days. (The last sentence makes more sense when placed 2nd last but I did not want to change your thought processes completely)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread