+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Melton Review

Member Gelding Big Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dean mac
    Horses
    Greg The Great
    Sorry kev, my addition isn't up to scratch. I could have led them up on my pushbike

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    G'day Dean, Not wrong mate, Pedestrian!!!

Member Gelding Big Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dean mac
    Horses
    Greg The Great
    Not hiding my admiration of Bitobliss, but the poor fella didn't have a chance.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    That FFA was such a boring race to watch.. BOB first up was a fantastic run! I hope he has come back with the talent we all know he possesses.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    BOB looked good and I reckon that was as much as they would want him to be doing first up
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    BOB looked good and I reckon that was as much as they would want him to be doing first up
    He's run some time up the straight. Winner went 26.8 last 400 and he was 4 wide round bend and making ground on it.

Harveys trotter the run of the night.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Low 26's Paul, BOB was finishing off rapidly and it's great to see him back. Scotty didn't knock him around either, Just reigned him up down the straight.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Great nights racing last night. IMO most semi final meetings of these type of rich series usually turn out to be a bit of a bore what with connections just trying to cement themselves into the final. Last night saw a bunch of really competitive 'racing' which resulted in some big guns missing out on the final as a result.
    One horse that was driven, it seemed, to just qualify, ended up getting all the breaks and won quite impressively....Hectorjayjay. Looks a nice 'match-race' next week between himself and little Messini.
    I had to check outside last night for flying pigs......Ginger Bliss $2- against Guaranteed $2.60. Before someone jumps in and says the winner had a lot of luck (and he did), I won't hear of it. Using a football term, Ginger Bliss couldn't lace up Guaranteed's boots and the mugs responsible for that market presenting itself should hang their heads!
    With Guaranteed's sketchy gate at the start of his races I find it hard to see him beating Lenny next week. IMO his chances hinge on the fav drawing 8.
    Lovelist.....disappointing!! Speaking thru my kick.....ouch!
    Away from the 4yo race next week, I'm eagerly awaiting the 3yo filly draw. Berisari went enormous and Barinya won arrogantly. I'd imagine only a great barrier draw to M Priddy will see either of those two not winning.
    Cheers

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    The 2yo races saw some big performances too. Niki No No in the 2yo fillies semi was enormous. 3 wide when going 44 sec lead time (about fastest of night) then sat in death and won. Virgil Hilts in the 2yo colts must have been giving the leaders 6 lengths or more at the 400m mark. And Diamond Castle was last heading into back straight last time in the other 2yo fillies semi.

And congratulations to Mrs Anderson (Bonnie) for getting 2 girls into the 2yo fillies final.

Wouldn't be taking too much notice of times last night. And wouldn't be writing Lovelist off. Outstanding filly that one. It was blowing a gale there. Luckily the gale was blowing directly at the back of the stand so wasn't to bad sitting in it watching them bowl around.

Should be some great racing next Saturday night.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Thanks for tuning me into those replays Paul - 3 BIG runs (well I only saw 2 as Mediatec cannot manage to put up the last lap of Diamond's race!)

Why do you think they queried the driving tactics on fav Licinia pushing onto lead? (in Niki No No's race)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread