Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Melton Review

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Melton Review

I am a bit late in starting this one but I have been away. I reckon if we cannot make a thread out of our weekly Metro meeting we are going to struggle to find ANYTHING to talk about

So for last Friday:

How clever was young Aiken's drive to get Composed the sit
    Does anyone else think Chilli was a little disappointing despite the 55 half posted wide
    Villagem continues to build
    Both Jodi Quinlan and Illawong Armstrong looked far too good in the 2yo trotters classic
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Great drive on Gumdrops by Rod Petroff Kev.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Saw that one too Rich, I went for Josh Aiken's as he/the stable had a plan and he executed it perfectly
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO jackthepunter will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Dixon
    Great effort by bec,bartley to win 4 out of 5 junoir races

Senior Member 4YO p plater will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    bailey martin
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard prior View Post
    Great drive on Gumdrops by Rod Petroff Kev.
    Was a good drive but the stewards didn't think so, he got suspended

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Didn't know that Bailey, Probably to busy looking at little Gumdrops zipping through a small gap,Watched the replay again and Rod gave Gavvy a shunt on the way past which would explain the suspension. Young Josh was terrific on Composed and Illawong Armstrong was super impressive in the 2yr old trot. Bec Bartley continues to impress, Terrific young driver.
    Last edited by Richard prior; 06-02-2014 at 07:14 AM.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Little Gumdrops has blossomed into a super speedy Leprechaun Machin Out is bursting for some better luck along with Astronaut.
    I for one think Chilli Palmer was average, Restrepo was just a big flop, Or was it that Lenny Jaws is simply on another level this time around? He was a very good horse last season, this time he looks like he is angry the way he races and just wants to explode away ferociously!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    June 6

Brian Gath drives a double for Lance Justice, leading all the way and making sure he has enough left to break 28 for the last Q - what a master

The Italian Cup (I used to think this was a longer race) was somewhat ruined by Sugars and Alford trying to outdo each other leaving the home str just after the start - not sure who to blame

Cyrus won the Gp3 Empire Final like one SERIOUSLY good horse. His sire It Is I had the runner up in the first at 70/1 and it should not be long before she wins her M0

David Aiken trained a Quadrella (what do you call 4 winners?)

Overall it is was the night for the Trotters - I will leave that for someone else to review (Ash?). [I'm afraid that when I started following harness 50yrs ago, I never took the galloping trotters that seriously and have never really followed them]
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Great drive by Gavin Lang on Claudys Princess in the Oaks.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    4 wide round last bend and leaders kicked away but still quick thinking enough to work out sprint lane was available. Genius!

3rd horse that race huge run. Started at (England) cricket score odds and big run.

Young Aitken drive on Cold Major a beauty too. Could have waited sprint lane but came off leaders back. Waits for sprint lane probably doesn't catch leader. Great drive.

+ Reply to Thread