Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Melton Review

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    I know I appear to be having a one person conversation here (3 in a row on the Sam Anglesey show - showing my age there) but isn't David Aiken romping in the Melton premiership
    Doing a fantastic job with a real good team Kev and shares his drives around and will usually put himself on the inferior runner if he has multiple horses in a race, This tells you a lot about the man IMHO.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Seems a stand up guy from the few times I've seen him on tv, and pretty straight forward in his assessments of horses/races, no BS which is rife at the gallops. And boy can he improve them....Thanesan went 10 lengths better Friday than any previous Oz start......1st up!!

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Seems a stand up guy from the few times I've seen him on tv, and pretty straight forward in his assessments of horses/races, no BS which is rife at the gallops. And boy can he improve them....Thanesan went 10 lengths better Friday than any previous Oz start......1st up!!
    Thanesan was impressive, especially in comparison to previous Aus starts as you say Brent and he looked a serious looking animal in the flesh.
    Aiken is dominating the trotting ranks at this point.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Novo View Post
    I'd say it began last night.. and will only get better GO TRIGGER!
    Hi Keith,
    Sadly Trigger's farewell tour is not going to get better. Even allowing for a first up run he finished 10.5 metres behind the winner in a race where they Rated 1:53:9 on a good track. The old Trigger could have sat on the outside and done that time on his ear. He has been a great champion but age catches up with all of us both animal and human.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Age sure does catch up to everyone and everything.. What do you guys think of BOB run? Will he reach the heights he once did? I remember that when he was 4yrs old, he was so strong and racing style so very different. What happens for horses to change so drastically? Villagem is another one along with Franco Jamar etc etc..

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Mighty Atom will become famous soon enough Mighty Atom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Great race the VicBred 4 year old Entires and Geldings race? - good race but not great. Great run by Guaranteed and if we bring the ifs and buts into the equation then I would say that if both Lennytheshark and Guaranteed drew the back line then the latter wins no problems.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Hi Rod, Yes even switch the draws and it could have been a different result, Not a lot between these 2 very good horses. Congrats to Martin and Kevin on Lenny's win.

Real Name
    Rod Reeves
    Occupation
    retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoken View Post
    Age sure does catch up to everyone and everything.. What do you guys think of BOB run? Will he reach the heights he once did? I remember that when he was 4yrs old, he was so strong and racing style so very different. What happens for horses to change so drastically? Villagem is another one along with Franco Jamar etc etc..
    Great run by Bitobliss and he can continue on with the form, but I've no doubt we have never seen the best of this horse more than likely due to injuries sustained throughout racing career. Hope he can pick up a some more big races because he deserves them.

Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Totally agree Rod and if he's in the big races, He will always be a chance with his big finish.

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    I hope he does, I have fond memories of him in the Kimore Cup 2011. Tough win that day on that sunny Sunday. Lenny is a maniac with serious speed, & Gauranteed is very strong! Those 2 and others will be having many battles in the years to come.
    Diamond Castle seems like a very good up n coming horse. Would have been great to have Sushi Sushi with us and seeing him contest these big races

+ Reply to Thread