Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Melton Review

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Maorisidol has a spectacular aura about Maorisidol's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ash Singh
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    June 6

Brian Gath drives a double for Lance Justice, leading all the way and making sure he has enough left to break 28 for the last Q - what a master

The Italian Cup (I used to think this was a longer race) was somewhat ruined by Sugars and Alford trying to outdo each other leaving the home str just after the start - not sure who to blame

Cyrus won the Gp3 Empire Final like one SERIOUSLY good horse. His sire It Is I had the runner up in the first at 70/1 and it should not be long before she wins her M0

David Aiken trained a Quadrella (what do you call 4 winners?)

Overall it is was the night for the Trotters - I will leave that for someone else to review (Ash?). [I'm afraid that when I started following harness 50yrs ago, I never took the galloping trotters that seriously and have never really followed them]
    Thnx Kev, ill give it a whirl...
    We started the night with the return to the track of Blitzthemcalder, $1.60 Fav up against the new addition to Aust Pretty Sunday who impressed in her second Australian run running a 1:57MR over the 1720m at her last start, and the fast beginner from the pole who loves the short trips Mister Gunsen at $29. Brent Lilleys mare galloped at the start putting her out of contention, Gunsen led as expected and Blitz faced the breeze and just got the judges nod by a HFHD over Gunsen in 1:58 flat. So good run for Blitz to death seat over short trip in good time, will now only get better of course as more race fitness improves. (would have been a nice first 4 if Gunsen had of held on, bugger!)
    Next up was the Kahdon Trot for 4 and 5YO mares. Spidergirl too good, racing way better than last season, definitely taken a step up, will actually be very interesting to see of she can beat Blitz this year as previously he has never been challenged by her. But what she has been doing against Keystone Del recently has been super impressive, can't wait till they race. Maori Time impressed in this race and also has raised her bar in comparison to last season, she is a very big horse and i believe i have read Chris Lang saying of course she will improve as she matures, seems thats certainly happening right now, was steaming home after the winner had bolted.
    Vic Oaks next up and another $40k into Claudys Princess' bank account, thats 13 starts and now about 140K, i reckon she's doin alright!!! Another one who has taken things to another level and is far above all other 3yo fillies in Australia. Shame Daenerys Targareyn galloped on home turn while following Claudys but still doubt she would have won, especially as Toohard pointed out the master G Lang Jnr saw the sprint lane calling as he was 4wide around last bend and a nice gap opening with a brass band and cheer squad and even Larry Emdur screaming "come on down Gav, heres the shortcut home". And yes also mentioned by Paul (toohard) the 3rd placegetter rattling home at $144 My Account great run after being held up a little. She has caught my eye a few times making up a lot of ground after making early errors and finishing midfield at some previous runs, certainly has a win or 3 up her sleeve very shortly if she behaves.
    Tatlow 2yo finished off the night and our best 2yo trotter Eljaykay Phoenix was too good winning virtually untouched after death seating and won by 8m. However his stablemate was a great run from last, races still quite greenly and in another 6 months or so will not only catch but i think beat LJK. Hadrians Phoenix is quite a big horse, hangs in a lot and certainly didn't like the whip in the straight swishing his tail like crazy, I'm sure David Aiken had a tired right arm after that one handed drive! If ever this horse gets to lead and run, we will discover what he can do.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Excellent Ash!!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Certainly was excellent - who needs to watch them when you can read such analysis (You might just make me a follower of the trotter Ash)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Expect a QDT of the 2 horse in race 4.

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    As a fellow 'odds on' punter I sure hope those that took the tomato sauce about OUR DREAMLOVER last week didn't tune into tonight's race.
    That aside....great victory!

Junior Member Weanling dmac43 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Dannie McKinnon
    Would love to know how many m3's have won m1m2s in the last 2 months.

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by brent_L View Post
    Expect a QDT of the 2 horse in race 4.
    "Young Mr Langdon why did you move off the fence when you had the sit on the fav over a short trip with a sprint lane and relinquishing the posn gave the sit to the second favourite?"
    We will have to wait for the Stewards Report.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Horse appeared to be going a little rough Kev and behind the leader was definitley the place to be, Gav must have thought all of his Christmas' come at once when the young fella popped off the fence.

Member Gelding Big Mac will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    dean mac
    Horses
    Greg The Great
    61.5 first half in a FFA. Not much chance for anything else in the race. The race ended up being a 400m sprint.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    62.5 I think Dean
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread