Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Melton Review

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Great to see BOB win again! Hope he gets a right run in his up & coming races @ Menangle! Potential blow out horse with his sprint!

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    How detrimental to the industry are races not running on time!
    Race 5 tonight so late that they say switch to Sky 2
    I have not got Sky 2 with Foxtel yet so I get on the computer for Sky 2
    On the net nothing on Sky at all - some glitch?
    Not happy
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Jilliby Master got his overdue M0 and Must Be Nice should not have to wait long to get his

A small field in the 3yo but you would be happy to have any of the first 5 in your barn

Cut For An Ace was a fantastic run in Race 7 after being pressured all race by Brian Gath on Brookfield Ruler which then finished 44m behind him!
    Pretty handy for the favourite to have this happen to the 2nd fav. That is what it looks like to punters. Forget the LCRT stuff - err on the side of tough and give BR 2 trials to show manners and thoroughly investigate any possible collusion. If Brian Gath hasn't got the strength to restrain them anymore then he needs to pick his drives more carefully. (No I did not bet on the race - just sick of the perception that we are the Red Hots and races like this and the previous are terrible PR)

We had more or less the same scenario in the race before where Steel the Light seemed intent on putting pay to the Fav's chances where this time it was Rodney Petroff who only got a QDT and LCRT. We will have to await the Stewards Report to hear his explanation

Yankee Rockstar is being patiently taken along to what will be a big Metro career

In what appeared a fairly even M2-4 the money was right and Uncle Wingnut (gotta love that name Rich) appreciated the drop in class

I will leave the 3 trots races to Ash
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    I "love" B Gath, but that drive was not good, I thought my bait to go fishing today, had already thawed out!

Senior Member 2YO Bonnie will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Anne Anderson
    Occupation
    Horse Breeder /Owner
    Horses
    Ladies In Red, Hurricane Harley, Honolua
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    How detrimental to the industry are races not running on time!
    Race 5 tonight so late that they say switch to Sky 2
    I have not got Sky 2 with Foxtel yet so I get on the computer for Sky 2
    On the net nothing on Sky at all - some glitch?
    Not happy
    Race 5 was not shown live on course at Melton last night either. Patrons in the dining rooms and in the horse stalls could not view the race on the TV monitors. Obviously HRV have not paid their SKY 2 subscription!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The question is - Will HRV just meekly accept 2nd class treatment (Sky 2)
    It would be great if someone from HRV let us know but it is beneath them to communicate with enthusiasts on this board
    I fear they have also had a word to NSW as we never hear from Adam anymore
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year The Form Student will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Steve Carter
    Occupation
    Astral Projectionist
    Horses
    Rocket Glenfern, Tudor Royal, Manaroa,
    Harness racing is just a lower option.....just look at the treatment of CCA Sprint tonight....straight to an ad break!
    Maybe we need to look at another option for telecasts!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    You're not wrong Steve but of course it has to give us a crack at capturing the general public. I do not know whether having all trots on Sky 2 (provide Sky 2 became part of Foxtel's basic package) would work for we may fall further behind the gallops (on Sky 1 of course). I still think they should be busting their arses to get a timeslot at least one evening a week on one of the free to air 2nd string channels like 7Two. A night the station do see as popular but let's face it - any could suit us. The trouble is, it would have to be a non Gallops racing night (to give us a chance) and I don't know whether any of those will exist pretty soon.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Colt The Escape Club will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Robert Salathiel
    Just looking at the results for the Markovina FFA (race 7) tonight on harness.org.au must've been some decent divvies.

Showing the winner's starting odds, Maximan being $119.90 and 3rd place Tandias Bromac's starting odds of $69.90

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Certainly some gremlins got in the system there Rob
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread