Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Melton Review

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The first three races last night revealed some pretty serious talent with JJ suggesting MM might even be better than Lenin
    In the last Musztang proved his liking for Melton (6 of his 9 wins have been there) death seating and running 1.53.8 suggests he can win a $20k race there too

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=MX160422
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Things have not been normal in the Messenger household of late and what with Albion Park and Menangle holding APG races, I didn't actually see all the Melton races so I have just watched them now

How good was Joe Pace's drive on Something Bettor in R1. He knew his biggest danger was back in the field and he wasn't going to give it a chance

Trotting imports One Over All R2 and Mufasa Metro R7 have now shown that they are worth whatever their new connections paid for them

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...s/?mc=MX300422
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Captain Confetti was a world beater last month but now looks like he might need a spell but the Douglas stable don't seem to believe in spelling. He is in his 9th month of racing since coming over in August but so is Rick Reilly (also in R6 on Saturday night) and I thought RR needed a spell a while back but they have raced on with him and he may be coming good again

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#MXM14052203
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    If you missed the gear failure and then save by the Clerk Of The Course (which led to Melton R8 being abandoned) you can see it hear

https://twitter.com/i/status/1530521328205324290
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Petracca was our main reason for tuning in tonight and he did not disappoint although nobody was game to challenge him - realists I guess
    We had a couple of bonuses, watching another demolition job by his big sister Treachery
    and still talking siblings, Yambukian, Catch A Wave's half bro was most impressive first up winning easily from the death

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#MXM18062211
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Can anyone believe that Boncel Benjamin won an Interdom

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...22#MXM13082201
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    One Extremely annoying thing at Melton last night was the TV screens not displaying Interim Results
    Immediately a race finished Half the screen went straight to the odds for the next race
    One Quarter showed the on track vision of the winner returning to scale
    One Quarter showed the results for the previous race

So when they cross the finish and you are interested in "what did that pay", all you had was the last race result and this was all you got until well after correct weight
    (If anybody in authority doesn't believe me, or understand what I am on about - I can post a pic for you)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Another poster has just reminded me of another problem that needs to be fixed for future big meets:

We arrived super early, over an hour before the first race but even so when we turned in off Ferris Rd there were a couple of cars banked up by the attendant directing cars. The first one in the queue must have been arguing that he did not want to go into the grass carpark and no exaggeration the discussion went on for more than a minute. The attendant did not seem to be aware of the problem he was creating and by the time we moved, even at that time, there were now a dozen cars behind us which was about all that fitted inside the gate (off the road). Like I said, my experience was before 5 o'clock and apparently it became a serious problem later when serious numbers were arriving
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I was at Melton again tonight for the Trotting Group races
    I know the program was only a shadow of last weeks but I think we have to seriously analyse why Melton did not even have 1,000 people there tonight
    The Sky Box was empty/not in use
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    It did not matter in the end due to Dangerous galloping
    but at the start Dangerous was double crossed and Jason Lee had the opportunity to lock him up 3 fence but restrained Keayang Tokyo and let him out
    ????
    Why would you give a $1.15 favourite a break in a $100k final

https://www.harness.org.au/racing/fi...23#MXM28012307
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread