Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Melton Review

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I've got room for the Race 2 Quinella horses, Bettor Rock On and Tandias Bromac, in my barn (I will build one for them). Both only 4yo and TB a mare, it was an excellent first heat of the M0 Winter Championship with a slick MR of 1.54.9 over the 1720

In the M2-4 I think the inexperience of Josh Aiken probably cost Composed but Nathan Jack could not get Teo Enteo over the top of Magical Telf anyway

After that the 5 odds on Favs all lead and won to finish off the program - more on them later
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    The result of the second heat of the Winter Champ has Dodge The Bullet 6th (on the fence) and 1.6m behind 3rd Lights and Music, who is right next to him. I can't see much more than a metre between them and am very surprised that Arr En Special widest on the track has finished 5th and beaten him (into the final) by 20cm

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#MXM11071403

edit The angle is bloody hard to read however for in Frith's race The Good Times on the fence had no doubt got 2nd before Broadways Best out wide but with the previous race above in my mind, I thought it was a lot closer than 1.2m between 2nd and 3rd
    Last edited by Messenger; 07-12-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Tassie raider Remember Joe took over 4 secs off his best time winning the Race 6 M0 in 1.54.9
    He was the 2nd winner of the night for sire It Is I, after the mare Here And Now won the Race 3 4yo in good time too (1.55.3)

Maximan's was a tough effort to win the first heat of the Melton Cup, he settled in the death and was briefly in the 1x1 before Kate Gath took him to the death again. Beauty Secret finishing fast up the inside just missed by a nose and Ginger Bliss was only half a neck away after finding it hard to make up ground out wide when they came home in 27.8 and 28.1

The other heat saw Exciteusinthecity lead all the way in 1.56.2 (one second faster than the first heat) and the final should be a top contest

If Ash resurfaces, I am sure he will tell you how Blitzthemcalder did just that

ps Form Guide lists Remember Joe as coming from Magrs - there is no such place, can anybody confirm this should read Magra
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    A super second by Pas Mate Nathan - if Eyes On The Sky had been able to carry you a little further who knows how close he may have got to Upanatom.

For Keayang Steamer to start $1.50 there must have been plenty of punters who thought he was going to get off the fence but Gumdrops-Rodney Petroff was having none of that.
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Njcstables will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Nathan Cahir
    Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    A super second by Pas Mate Nathan - if Eyes On The Sky had been able to carry you a little further who knows how close he may have got to Upanatom.

For Keayang Steamer to start $1.50 there must have been plenty of punters who thought he was going to get off the fence but Gumdrops-Rodney Petroff was having none of that.
    Thanks Kev. Yes it was probably one of his best runs actually. He does a great job for a horse his size.

Super Moderator Stallion Richard prior will become famous soon enough Richard prior's Avatar
    Real Name
    Richard Prior
    Occupation
    Gas Operator
    Horses
    Intransit
    Yes only a little fella Nathan but try's hard, I hope the connections had a bit each way.

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Toohard will become famous soon enough Toohard's Avatar
    Real Name
    Paul Humphreys
    Horses
    PalaisDuLouvre,Trip 7s, AnythingForLove
    Went great Nathan. Nice work.

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Review continued

Big Lucy is clearly going to be a VERY good mare - in only her 4th start she sits in the death going 28.2 first and last Q's

Brother Barry's Sky Major showed again that he is a topliner coming home in 55.4 3W - he would have broken 55

Top runs by Metro Mike and Tandias Bromac behind Asoka. Metro did it tough and Tandias probably never had the draw to get closer

Metropolitan was really showcased last night with this top 2nd and 2 winners
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO Smoken will become famous soon enough Smoken's Avatar
    Real Name
    Evangelos Paps
    Why was Keeyang Steamer $1.50? Firstly he was dealing with some very good horses, & secondly his draw was crap, his fitness advantage wasn't there. He ran on very average once in the straight anyway. I personally think Keeyang Cullen has the edge over Steamer! Big Lucy tough win, Sky Major brilliant, Asoka well deserved strong win, blitzthemcalder tough win. Good night if racing over all

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Kira Jo showed how to bring up your first win in style at her 9th start, winning the VICBRED PLATINUM HOME GROWN CLASSIC (3YO FILLIES) FINAL (GROUP 2) last Friday for a nice little collect of $25k

http://www.harness.org.au/meeting-re...ic#MXM12091408

Paying $30 the Moody's, Tomren Wootton's, and Tomren's may have collected even more?

Kira Jo comes from a long line of winning dams and her family U301 contains some recent top ANZ juveniles including Son of Otara from Kira's branch
    The great names from the past will have enthusiasts drooling esp NZers

http://classicfamilies.net/cf/Family...meGroup&AD=ASC
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread