Roll With Joe
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Menangle Review

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago

Menangle Review

Just as Melton Metro meetings are always going to evoke discussion and now have a thread so too should Menangle. Let's start it off today as NSW have so much money they can run Metro meetings on Tuesday afternoons!
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member Horse Of The Year Greg Hando will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Greg Hando
    Where did you get the Metro meeting from Kev the $15,000 races were heats of the Breeder's Challenge and the 2yo trotters was special race final for the 2yo trotter's.
    Have whoever you want on but don't ever have yourself on

Super Moderator Stallion Messenger will become famous soon enough Messenger's Avatar
    Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Metro stakes by Vic standards got me excited Greg. If we had a meeting like that down here there would be no Metro meeting (maybe a couple of Metro races surrounded by country class)
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    Just caught up on all yesterday's action. Although it's nothing of real importance, I couldn't help but feel that every race I watched had a Panella driven leader. Went thru and double checked.....sure enough, 6 drives, 5 leads and 1 death seat. Reminded me of the times in years gone by when u could almost guarantee that Kerryn would have one of her fathers outside of the lead if not in front. One things for sure, u pretty much know what u r going to get for your money.

IMO
    best performances- Aspiring Artist, Chariot King, Ive Gottalife, On Thunder Road.
    best drive- Panella R5
    head scratcher- T McCarthy R1
    Cheers

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Brent, you inspired me to venture over the border in replay land and I can see why you nominated R5 for Lauren's drive
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 2YO Pena will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Jack Peters
    Not sure how Brave Wiggy was drive of the night? Monarkmac was far superior. The joke of Change of Tactics raised it's ugly head again. Suave Stuey Lombo further back. Can the stewards say no you can't chop and change your tactics every week so you manipulate the race?

Member Yearling Frano1982 will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Adam Francis
    Occupation
    Pastrycook
    Horses
    Sun Samurai Teasing Dolly Dagger Open
    You're spot on here Jack...
    He's a go forward horse and he's rock hard race fit!!!
    So they take he horse back to last and not give him a hope in hell of winning???
    I wonder of those tactics would be different if the horses were owned in different interests???
    Surely they have to give every horse in that race the best possible chance...

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Pena View Post
    Not sure how Brave Wiggy was drive of the night? Monarkmac was far superior. The joke of Change of Tactics raised it's ugly head again. Suave Stuey Lombo further back. Can the stewards say no you can't chop and change your tactics every week so you manipulate the race?
    You got me to watch the Monakmac replay Jack (nowhere near the usual quality you expect on Trots TV either) and I still disagree. Monakmac just got lucky - Brave Wiggy driven to put a space in them was winning tactics
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

Senior Member 4YO brent_L will become famous soon enough
    Real Name
    Brent Lambert
    I saw exactly what u did Kev. I think Jack meant to write 'in his opinion'!

Real Name
    Kevin O'Donoghue
    Occupation
    Retired
    Horses
    A long, long time ago
    I think it might be a 'Lauren' thing with Jack
    per un PUGNO di DOLLARI

+ Reply to Thread